Hey, I never noticed that before....

Watching everyone's favourite episode "Plato's Stepchildren". Alexander says early in the episode that they got the power soon after birth. Yet later in the episode they said it was a couple of months after arriving

Alexander says early in the episode that they got the power soon after birth.
He didn't say "soon", rather he says, "As far as I know it just comes to you sometime after you're born", and the arrival on the planet is technically "sometime" after they were born. I think he was being vague/deceptive because at that time, he was in fear of this life and didn't want to say something that could get him in trouble. He later reveals the truth once he was determined to take Parmen down. YMMV :).

Watching everyone's favourite episode "Plato's Stepchildren". Alexander says early in the episode that they got the power soon after birth. Yet later in the episode they said it was a couple of months after arriving

Seems reasonable with what Alexander knew at the time to say, "As far as I know it just comes to you sometime after you're born." From his perspective, they all arrived on the planet but only Alexander did not develop any powers so it was reasonable for him to think he wasn't born with it given his physical differences. The "they said" is Spock deducing the power came from eating planetary foods after running out of their supplies. All IMHO.

The "they said" is Spock deducing the power came from eating planetary foods after running out of their supplies.

He takes into consideration the fact that it only occurred following their landing there, so likely not inherent/latent in them, and further that something on the planet must be responsible. The most natural way to absorb high concentrations of a chemical is through food and water.

In Day of the Dove, after Chekhov is assaulting Mara (starting around 32:35), Kirk pulls him off and smacks him. Chekhov slides to the floor. Smeared on the wall, we can see Mara's makeup from Chekhov's hands.

Also, the Klingon that Chekhov knocked out seems to have disappeared from the floor.

Smeared on the wall, we can see Mara's makeup from Chekhov's hands.
Klingon females like to wear lots of greasy makeup, and I guess Klingon males like it. For that matter, Klingon males also like to wear lots of greasy makeup, too. :whistle: Such a vain race. :klingon:

In Day of the Dove, after Chekhov is assaulting Mara (starting around 32:35), Kirk pulls him off and smacks him. Chekhov slides to the floor. Smeared on the wall, we can see Mara's makeup from Chekhov's hands.

Also, the Klingon that Chekhov knocked out seems to have disappeared from the floor.
Also in that scene, when Kirk picks the unconscious Chekov up from the floor, Walter is very obviously helping by standing up. :lol:

In the ornate main hall of Catspaw, I don't think I ever noticed the purplish painting. I wish I could see the whole thing. It appears to show a circular tent in the foreground with a person under it. Above it is a woman looking over the tent. In the background is a castle or city on a hill. Anyone have a clean image of the entire painting?

In the ornate main hall of Catspaw, I don't think I ever noticed the purplish painting. I wish I could see the whole thing. It appears to show a circular tent in the foreground with a person under it. Above it is a woman looking over the tent. In the background is a castle or city on a hill. Anyone have a clean image of the entire painting?

Good catch! I never saw it before, either.
https://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/screencaps/season2/201-catspaw/catspaw-br-393.jpg

children-shall-lead-br-072.jpg

Notice the sunflower detailing on her dress. On a planet that doesn't have flowers naturally growing (as far as we can see), it's a little bit of adornment that stands out.

Back