Heroes 3x22 "Turn and Face the Strange" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 6, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

24.5%
  2. Above Average

53.1%
  3. Average

18.4%
  4. Below Average

4.1%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

An example of poor acting and lame comic relief.:lol:

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I know most people hated the Villains volume but I thought it was just what the show needed; a central all-powerful villain who commanded an army of powered lackies with purpose and diction. Every volume needs a Big Bad. Danko isn't big enough... and Sylar should have been killed at the end of S1 :p

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Are you saying Sylar secretly has the hots for Noah? Are you a slash fan by any chance?:lol:

4. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, if you were a sociopathic shapeshifter and wanted to really freak out an enemy, what would you do, foster a marital misunderstanding that can easily be explained and worked-through, or leave him feeling utterly violated by the squiktastic knowledge that he made sweet sweet love to you by his accident and your design?

It isn't a matter of having the hots for him or not. It's a matter of screwing with him in the worst possible way. In this case, that would be literally screwing with him, and bragging about it.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was Henry Cho not available?

6. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

According to reports A) Nathan and Sylar come face to face in the last episode this season. & B) Sylar kills a major character who has been on the show since the very begining in the last episode of this season.

Now that doesn't mean that Sylar will kill Nathan, but it does place Nathan in the line of fire as possibly the main cast member that will be killed. In fact, has Nathan & Sylar ever met during the series so far?

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

No, they haven't. They have never had a scene together.

8. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I keep hearing Nathan, Nathan, Nathan and everybody saying, "Sylar must kill Nathan because he'd killed him in Five Years Gone, but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. In Five Years Gone, New York City blew up. That's what propelled Nathan to power and Sylar craved that political power. Nathan doesn't have that political power anymore. He's outed. He's outed and all he can do is fly, which is pretty low on the power stud chain. Killing Nathan doesn't gain anything of consequence for Sylar. Nathan doesn't have anything Sylar wants anymore. I hope it doesn't happen, but it makes more sense in terms of story if Sylar wanted to kill Angela for lying to him. Killing Ando might finally force Hiro to become an adult person. Killing Mohinder would be satisfying because Mohinder's a useless dumb ass. Killing Claire would fulfill my fantasy. :evil: Killing Nathan kills off a great character with too much to contribute. How do the Petrelli brothers ever repair themselves if Nathan is dead?

9. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I keep hearing Nathan, Nathan, Nathan and everybody saying, "Sylar must kill Nathan because he'd killed him in Five Years Gone, but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. In Five Years Gone, New York City blew up. That's what propelled Nathan to power and Sylar craved that political power. Nathan doesn't have that political power anymore. He's outed. He's outed and all he can do is fly, which is pretty low on the power stud chain. Killing Nathan doesn't gain anything of consequence for Sylar. Nathan doesn't have anything Sylar wants anymore. I hope it doesn't happen, but it makes more sense in terms of story if Sylar wanted to kill Angela for lying to him. Killing Ando might finally force Hiro to become an adult person. Killing Mohinder would be satisfying because Mohinder's a useless dumb ass. Killing Claire would fulfill my fantasy. :evil: Killing Nathan kills off a great character with too much to contribute. How do the Petrelli brothers ever repair themselves if Nathan is dead?

Only Danko's little group knows about his power, and he's still a US Senator with popularity, political clout, and the President's ear. Once they're destroyed, which Sylar can do easily, Nathan can go back to the way things were. Flight isn't lame, it's one of the most valuable and versitile of all powers. It's why airplanes and helicopters generally beat tanks and infantry. High speed flight, on it's own, allows one to outmanuver most enemy forces and to get around quickly. Combine it with vision enhancement, or a pair of binoculars, and it provides superior survailence capibility. Combine it with firearms, or elemental projection abilities, such as the electric projection ability that Sylar already has, and it provides a superior platform from what to launch attacks at ground targets. And with Telekenesis, it gives one air superiority, as well.
    Currently, Sylar is extremely vulnerable to precision guided airstrikes. A single laser guided bomb would ruin his day. His only defense against this, currently, is to not be identified by anyone with the ability to call for air support. But, he eventually will if he keeps taking on bigger targets. Flight would allow him to take on jet aircraft in their own medium, by matching their velocity and ripping them apart with telekenesis.
    If he ever gets a heavy artillery power like radiation projection again, flight will serve him even better. With flight and heavy artillery, he'd be able quickly and decisivly annhiliate ground targets anywhere in the world. Napalm in the morning smells like victory. And nuclear explosions in the morning, well those just let him hold the entire planet hostage.

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The official description for the season finale, the most interesting part is in bold:

AS “VOLUME 4: FUGITIVES” COMES TO A CLOSE, THE FIGHT TO STOP SYLAR HAS CONSEQUENCES THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING – EMMY AWARD-WINNER ZELJKO IVANEK AND MICHAEL DORN GUEST STAR – Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) faces off against Sylar (Zachary Quinto) to keep him from meeting the President (guest star Michael Dorn). Sylar has his own plans for his new partner. Meanwhile, Hiro (Masi Oka) learns that there are repercussions to regaining his ability. Elsewhere, Matt (Greg Grunberg) is forced to go to extraordinary lengths to protect his future with his family. Posted on HeroSite.net. Jack Coleman, James Kyson Lee, Hayden Panettiere, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Cristine Rose and Milo Ventimiglia also star.

There's a photo from "I Am Sylar" showing Sylar with Micah.

11. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

That actually does sound like they're setting up for Five Years Past. Hiro sounds like he's going to learn about those rifts FutureHiro went on about, Sylar is obviously going to take out Nathan, and Matt is going to protect his family by joining the hunt.

12. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

man Sylar really screwed with HRG . . .

13. Dorian Thompson

Meh. If that spoiler comes to pass, I won't be participating in these lovely little episodic chats anymore.

Take away Nathan, but leave whiny bratty Claire, dumber than dirt Mohinder, annoying as hell Hiro, and dull Matt? Can you say, "No thank you, Fuller?" Nathan's a US senator and he's missing. No one notices? Fuller's as bad as the previous writers.

14. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^yeah I hear you...

if it happens I will be majorly disappointed.:( So many other useless characters on the show... its just really unfair (personally I think there might be a bit of ageism here at play, he's the second oldest of the main cast after Coleman)...Ill keep watching b/c I still love Adrian & he'll still be on the show...also & this is gonna sound like silly wishful thinking, Im hoping Nathan being dead wont mean the character is 100% gone. I read that they will reintoduce Nathan's boys next season & one of them will have a power. Well I really hope that power is the "sixth sense" & Peter visits his nephew & borrows it for a while. :p

15. startrekwatcher

Normally, I avoid spoilers and episode promos like the plague because I want to go into an episode blind not knowing what to expect in order to fully enjoy the viewing experience but Heroes has been so universally bland this year that I decided peaking wouldn't hurt. I have to admit the season finale episode description does actually sound rather interesting and is really the first time this entire season that I'm actually looking forward to an episode.

I just hope it isn't a case of it sounding more interesting than it actually will turn out to be but it does seem just from the brief synopsis to have some of the very things this show needs. Maybe this will be an episode that gets the show back into shape and provide the foundation for a much more involving season four--if the show is truly renewed by NBC.

16. Aragorn

The scene with Noah trying to bring in "Sylar" makes no sense. So Danko tells him Sylar is posing as a team leader, Noah shows up and puts a gun on him, then Danko denies everything and Noah is still convinced the guy is really Sylar?

17. Dorian Thompson

The thing that really stretches credulity to the breaking point, melancholymecha, even by Heroes' lax standards, is that--

Not only did none of the specials rat out Nathan's abililty, but now Danko doesn't rat him out publicly or to the president? Not even to gain power for himself? Are you kidding me, writers? Everyone is willing to keep Nathan Petrelli's secret, even the highly unethical Danko and the soldiers who happened to be there when he pushed Nathan out the window? Nobody talked? A US Senator is locking up people with superhuman abilities, but it isn't news when that Senator is discovered to have an ability himself? What does Nathan have to do to get ratted out?

This is why I prefer Supernatural. :lol: At least when the boys use credit card scams to get money and dig up graves to burn bones, the police catch on and notify the FBI. It's bad when a show about demons, zombies, changelings and vampires does a better job of the day to day basics. :lol:

18. startrekwatcher

Dorian, we have no reason to not believe that Danko hasn't informed the President that Nathan has an ability and is now missing. I would assume Danko now being in charge sort of confirms that. Just because we didn't see it on screen doesn't preclude the possibility. Maybe the writers want us to infer that is the case. Afterall in last week's episode, Nathan told Claire he wasn't too popular in Washington and I took that to me that not only were his congressional colleagues of no use to him probably because they were jealous of how fast he rose to rub elbows with the President as portrayed in "Clear and Present Danger" but that his "in" with the President was no longer there because he was known to have an ability.

And why would Danko rat out Nathan publicly. This operation is suppose to be black-ops. The last thing they want to do is cause mass panic with the news there are those with abilitie. Although I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been a leak from someone on one of the black-op teams but then again who is going to believe such an outlandish idea. I mean what if someone said Nancy Pelosi could fly. I mean without a broom.:lol:

19. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Speaking of the President, anyone else frustrated that the end-of-volume tease of President Worf was a complete waste? I've been so frustrated that they dangled that carrot in front of the fans and then seemingly completely abandoned it. :p

20. Aragorn

It's no different than Bruce Boxleitner's completely useless and bland role on this show.