Heroes 3x18 "Exposed" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Mar 3, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

5.4%
  2. Above Average

30.4%
  3. Average

50.0%
  4. Below Average

8.9%
  5. Poor

5.4%
  1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

For a Claire episode, it wasn't bad. Sandra continues to be one of the best and most underrated characters on the show. Peter actually used his brains tonight (an exceedingly rare occurrance) and Parkman did initially but he lost me at the end. When captured by the Hunter and in a desperate situation, Parkman, like the rest of the Heroes, REFUSES TO REVEAL THAT NATHAN HAS POWERS!!!

Come on! With the situation Paterman was in at the end, there's no way in hell he would have hidden that information from the Hunter. Anyone with a brain would have been screaming that at him at the top of their lungs. For some bizarre reason, every hero (or moron with powers) has decided that protecting Nathan is the most important thing in their life. Okay, so the Hunter might not believe him. But why is that stopping them from revealing the information and at least putting some suspicion on Nathan for a change? Apparently, they like being fugitives.

Surprised to see The Puppet Master return. That should be fun although I thought Sylar killed him.

Am I the only one who keeps expecting Luke to reveal that Sylar's dad is his dad and that him and Sylar are brothers?

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

That's as big a pipe dream as my wanting Nathan to actually get mad at Peter for shooting him last season.....or for the writers to script an explanation as to how Nathan survived.

Like I told you, Peter can get close enough to Nathan to end it. Drug him, hug him, fly him above a major media building, wait until he wakes up and then drop him. Nathan's not so committed to his job that he's going to go splat on the concrete. Simple solution.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ I always assumed that Nathan survived because Peter had Linderman's healing power and didn't realize it. They were in the same room together in the flashback episode.

4. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

That's what I thought, that Peter inadvertently healed him without realizing it since he kissed his forehead, but the writers don't think so. They admitted that they left it "ambiguous." I don't need to be spoonfed everything, but a few answers might be nice.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

6. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

What a twit. :D

7. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This whole thing has me grimly laughing. When they nabbed Parkman, Nathan says something along the lines of (paraphrased) "I know you Matt, this isn't you." As I noted last week, it is on record the Senator has a daughter, brother and ex-girlfriend/aide with abilities and seems to know Parkman far more than just in passing. Wouldn't take much to indict him. The Hunter not only would believe it, but would desperately want to. Makes his mission easier.

Putting aside the sheer plot contrivance of no one outting Natan, why isn't the Hunter asking the obvious question himself? Is it he can't believe someone would do this to one of their own? He's a bit dull? Blinded by the needs of the plot? Who knows?

Average.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

so uh, Peter starting to get his original ability back, in being able to do more than 1 ability?

9. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sure the hunter will figure it out soon, and then things will really get bad. If the others had outed Nathan then most of them would be dead already. He's the only one thats been able to keep any of them alive and prevent the Hunter from going all out assassination squad on them. And since they are all dumb as mental defective rocks they would all be dead by now.

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

There's no sign of that. There was an interview with one of the writers which suggested he had "lost touch with his empathy" which is why he couldn't have more than one ability but that's code for "we're idiots who can't write characters who have superpowers so we just take them away instead".

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

James Kyson Lee has been twittering too. (Warning: Contains a minor spoiler)

12. romulus

romulus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm glad someone is taking the view point that that having very powerful heroes is not a bad thing. Do people read this bullshit exuses from the writers themselves and then buy into them?

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Hermiod-- The computer at my workplace won't let me go to the "Twitter" links. Could you put some of the info from Greg and Jason in spoiler code?

14. Obiwanshinobi

But didn't peter fly away right after he got shot and fall over the ledge? How was he able to do that and have telepathy he didn't touch nathan until the later scene, that's your sign

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^^Nathan rescued him and flew him away in that scene. Then when they hug later, he takes Nathan's power and flies away from him.

16. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I also thought Sylar killed him, and no, you are not alone. The sylar part is the only thing keeping me interested right now.

17. Obiwanshinobi

Hmm I stand corrected.

18. Jen

Jen Vice Admiral Admiral

And, um...didn't that building burn to the ground?!? How the hell did ANYONE survive?

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ They went the Smallville route -- after you come back from commercial break, you just ignore B when going from A to C.

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Easy, we never saw them all die via the fire and the place had underground areas. Easy for the ones who were still alive to get out someway that wasn't visible from the surface.