here is number 3 out of 10: starship

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by kennysmith, Jun 5, 2013.

1. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

to this person why can't you talk about what you think of a star ship then?.
    i want to know if you could do any better?, when there is not much info that was not let out for us. the only way we have is just what is out there on the internet.
    why don't you all send me a e-mail.

2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, a real starship would have no artificial gravity and no turbo-elevator cars. You'd just float to any part of the ship. The crew would have personal nooks to sleep in, where you can pull a curtain closed to create privacy.

You'd have internal walls (or at least poles or columns) to mount things on, but no floors in the ship.

We might wish for a spinning section to simulate gravity, like in 2001 A Space Odyssey, but that's very difficult to build with real-life spacecraft hardware. Maybe impossible with today's knowhow.

3. kennysmith

question 4 of 10. i just wonder on how many persons ever did think of or if they could ever build a star ship on land and make it work?
    i know i am only trying my best to look for thing as part of the star ship. i do knoe they only have wall only. but what is the space in between the walls and the hight floor to the cealing is the hard part to work out and a person here told me the hall way is 8' across.

4. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nothing wrong with building it on land, as long as you can get it into orbit.

5. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only way you build the Enterprise on land, JJ style, is with bigtime anti-grav technology to loft it into space.

Otherwise you'd need a booster rocket that makes the Saturn V look like a toothpick, and that would burn a vast hole in the atmosphere.

Since anti-gravs are not around the corner in real life and we don't realistically expect them ever, you have to assemble your starship in space, like the International Space Station was put together.

6. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Depend on what you want. If you could travel from the surface of one planet, somehow directly to the surface of another planet, that would be a workable way of exploring the galaxy. Skip the whole moving through interstellar space thing.

Explore planets and not space.

Not exactly Star Trek, but I would be willing to accept it.

Lead by example, if you want E-mails and the addresses that come with them, then provide yours first.

But I wouldn't recommend it.

:)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  7. Moriarty

Moriarty Ensign Red Shirt

Humanity's next goal in space exploration is to get to Mars. Whatever craft needs to exist to do that should be built next. Maybe a star ship eventually, but you can't skip the steps in between.

8. kennysmith

i just wonder why no one like to answer any of my question i have put down here. i am trying to get a feal of what you all think. there is not a lot of info of just the star ship. each group from most states will try to get as many people to get help from. i want you all to know i am trying my best to give you what i know. there is not info out there about the star ship.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time telling what information you need, kenny. :(

10. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ditto.
    Kenny, are you trying to build a real one?
    Are you trying to build one on your computer?
    Are you trying to build a non-working starship on the ground?

If you can tell more about what you want to do, maybe we can help you better, Kenny. Lots of people here would help you, but you need to help us understand what you need... OK? :techman: