Help: Star Trek Alternate Realities Collective

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Reeborg, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Reeborg

Reeborg Commander Red Shirt

Can anybody tell me what are the language options on the American (region) DVD set "Star Trek Alternate Realities Collective"? I have been getting a bit confusing information about it. It should have also Spanish and Portuguese audio on the discs, maybe only on selected episodes but not all of them. Can somebody who owns this set here look it up and tell me what is the exact situation about it (Spa/Por for which episodes if available at all).
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Merry Stripmas

Merry Stripmas Commodore Commodore

The box says that audio is English or Spanish, with subtitles in English, Spanish and Portuguese.

HTH,

JL

3. Reeborg

Thanks for your reply.
    So if I understand correctly, you have (bought) this box. It is possible that they wrote on the box audio eng/spa while only some episodes have (additional) portuguese audio. The probablity would be higher for TOS and TNG episodes (as they have in the Captain's box portuguese audio too). Could you (be a dear and) please verify it directly on the discs? I only want to be sure before purchasing since some (review) websites said that portugese audio would be available on (some) episodes.

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

4. Merry Stripmas

Merry Stripmas Commodore Commodore

On Discs 1, 3, and 4, all episodes have Portuguese audio available.

Disc 2: only the TOS episode "The Alternative Factor" has Portuguese audio.

Disc 5: only the 2 Voyager episodes "Timeless" and "Course: Oblivion" have Portuguese audio.

Disc 2 contains a TNG episode ("Parallels"), but I checked and it does not have Portuguese audio available, even though the other TNG episodes in this set do.

All episodes have English and Spanish audio.

HTH,

JL

5. Reeborg

Thank you very much for your (positiv) infomation. I have already ordered it along with Best of TNG which has also Portuguese audio. In fact I am presently learning (Braz)Portuguese so this will be a big help.

I have bought before "The Captain's Log collective". Maybe someone else here cares about this so I will specify:
    All episodes have Eng/Spa audio plus subtitles in Eng/Spa/Por. Furthermore most episodes have Portuguese audio too, all but not "DS9's What you leave behind" and the ENT episodes.

As far as I know, there is no Portuguese on the other fan collectives. If anyƶne has other information, please tell me.

Again, Lester, I thank you very much for your extensive help.