HBO's "Westworld", starring Anthony Hopkins/produced by J.J. Abrams

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ensign_Redshirt, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Serveaux

Serveaux Tasteless and unnecessary Premium Member

I was reading the other day where the producers have said that the modern Hosts are essentially biological machines with the exception of the "pearl."

Well, they're better designed - stronger, more durable, less easily incapacitated by pain - and it's hard to imagine how complex the interface between their nerves and the pearl must be.

Plus, we've seen that whatever constitutes "biology" is constructed in a kind of high-tech small manufacturing process involving something like 3D printers, etc rather than grown from cells.

2. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

IE, they're never going to really explain how they're made and why the humans of the future never bothered applying these biological enhancements to themselves. They single-mindedly only cared about the immortality aspect and nothing else like the enhanced strength speed and endurance. Despite all these ability enhancements being available to them if they're available to the Hosts.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 3:48 AM
  3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize they were actually considered biological, I had just thought of them as very advanced, but still purely mechanical.

4. Serveaux

Serveaux Tasteless and unnecessary Premium Member

Link