HBO's "Westworld", starring Anthony Hopkins/produced by J.J. Abrams

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ensign_Redshirt, Jul 23, 2014.

1. wayoung

wayoung Commodore Commodore

The humans seemed different in this episode vs last. Last week it looked like William turned them into frenzied monsters, pretty much 28 days later rage zombies. This week they were cool, calm, terminators. Planning out murders. Like camping with a sniper rifle.

Surprised no one has mentioned Steven Ogg and his baseball bat, referencing his GTA character.

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

3. wayoung

wayoung Commodore Commodore

4. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

We still don’t know when this is set. It could be like BSG and be thousands of years in the past

5. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

My only hope for the final season, Maeve makes a full return. Not the cyber/sublime version, but the real O.G. version.

*Stubbs would be a nice addition too.

6. 1987SpaceGuy

1987SpaceGuy Commander Red Shirt

https://gizmodo.com/westworld-season-5-final-season-lisa-joy-dolores-man-bl-1849414483

https://www.thewrap.com/westworld-season-5-final-season-story/

7. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Friend and Counselor Premium Member

I honestly thought this was the series finale! It could certainly serve as one if they aren't renewed. Glad to see that they plotted the end back in the beginning though if we do get a 5th & final season. Tessa Thompson continues to impress me as an actor.

8. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Christmas is coming Moderator

It's just being realistic. There's a small group of survivors who were having to sneak in and steal supplies from the city, now they don't have access to that at all. Assuming that there is still animal life, they can hunt but eventually people get sick or hurt. Best case scenario where the survivors live a long heathy life, there still isn't enough people to maintain a viable population. It's just a matter of time.

I think he's supposed to be a Millennial based on a few references he's made.

9. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

It's absolutely unreasonable because it's completely unobservant. Please learn something this time so that we'll be spared the indignation the next time it happens.

crookeddy likes this.
  10. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, we do.

The first two seasons take place in 2052; Season 3 takes place in 2053; and Season 4 takes place in both 2061 and 2084.

11. Serveaux

Unless the producers are lying about that. Oh Noes!

12. DigificWriter

Given that everything I posted about the timeline of the series comes directly from what we were shown onscreen, your attempted taunt falls flatter than a mattress.

13. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I was less than impressed with the final third of the season and really feel that we had a decent conclusion to the series, despite Maeve's final lines. If it does come back for a final season, considering where we left the show could pick up far into the future.

14. Serveaux

To reiterate what Locutus pointed out there uptopic, your posting history to this point includes very few examples of accurate predictions or statements concerning television or films. So skepticism regarding any assertion you make about these things is sensible.

You should stop doing this.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  15. DigificWriter

^ My personal credibility has no effect whatsoever on the factual nature of what I posted with regards to the Westworld timeline as depicted onscreen.

Nice try, though.

16. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pics or it didn't happen.

17. Serveaux

Your personal credibility has everything to do with it; as LoB pointed out, your posts are riddled with every kind of error and misinterpretation.

The "onscreen timeline" you refer to is inconsistent with the show's internal continuity. Therefore it's "authoritative" without being accurate. That's not unusual in TV produced over a period of years; Trek for example is rife with irreconcilable chronologies.

Nice try, though.

18. DigificWriter

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Scarecrow Keeper Premium Member

Ah, yes. A fan-edited wiki. Excellent source.

20. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

The great thing about wikis is that if you feel there is an error, become an editor of the wiki. Wikipedia is the largest, most accurate, and up to date encyclopedia ever created despite the fact that people love to point out its errors.

Commander Troi and 1987SpaceGuy like this.