Hayden & Milo split, cause trouble on Heroes set

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Mar 12, 2009.

1. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

I remember after season one the creator of the show made allusions to season two starring a completly new cast and I (and I'm sure quite a few other people) was like "No way, man, you can't do that!"... but after the season two and three we got, it mightn't have been a bad idea.

Hell, let's face it, shouldn't Hiro be on the path to be the Future-Hiro we saw (even with the timeline changes)?

Hell, Heroes is one of two shows I wouldn't mind being canceled; the other being Smallville (you all know that's the only way we'll see Clark fly). But I digress, how about those smurfs?

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, a lot more people know who Hayden is than Milo. She's far better publicity for the show than he is, which is probably their major concern.

And of course many people date across age gaps of a decade or more without any more or less difficulty than folks closer in age.

3. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bah, that's nothing. My dad was my mom's teacher... and he's almost 15 years older than her. I imagine quite a few eyebrows were raised at that one.

Anyway, as Kryton said, their split is old news -- I heard about it weeks ago. I wondered if it would affect the show at all. I wonder if anything like what happened with Alias will occur here (Michael Vartan stopped being a regular shortly after breaking up with Jennifer Garner... actually, there was some speculation that Ben Affleck wanted him off the show, IIRC. But that's probably not too relevant to this situation).

And Dennis is right -- Hayden is probably the more recognizable star of the two, at least to the general public. Plus, the target audience is probably males aged 18-35... and which of the two do you think that group is more likely to be interested in, at least on a superficial level? :vulcan:

Who knows? If one of them has to go, it may end up being Milo, even if his character is (marginally) more interesting than Hayden's. I say marginally because neither of them are terribly interesting right now, but that's sadly symptomatic of the show as a whole (although the last episode showed some minor improvement, IMO... and hopefully, with Fuller back on board, there's more of that to come).

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't see why they can't both be on the show. Heroes has already done a really good job of keeping characters apart so they can do nothing in their own separate nothing storylines.

5. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, I don't see any problem with co-workers dating each other as long as they remain professional. Two of my former co-workers (who retired last year) met on the job, fell in love, and got married. One was formerly divorced, and the other was a widow, and they both had their own kids from previous marriages.

Age difference is a non-issue, too, as long as both parties are mature (physically, emotionally, and mentally).

6. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, now we now that one party wasn't up to the maturity test. ;)

7. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Doesn't stop me from fantasizing about her. :lol:

8. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey, I'm within a year of her. Me first! :p

9. EstoniaKat

EstoniaKat Lieutenant Red Shirt

Save the cheerleader .... save yourself from being s---canned?

BTW, my girlfriend is 14 years younger than I am, and she's the best one I've ever had, by far.
    But then again, people in my country don't even blink at the age difference.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

A friend of mine is fifteen years older than his current girlfriend, and they get along perfectly well.

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Just kill off Peter. He's useless now his powers are nerfed anyway. All he can do is something somebody else standing next to him can already do. His superhero name should be Mr. Redundant.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Hayden: "What is it? What do you sense?"

Milo: "A bunch of internet nerds perving at you!"

Hayden: "Maybe they learned it from you. Oh, by the way, Chris Hansen called."

13. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

I think both characters have been ruined equally, but *IF* the producers were forced to choose between them....

... They would pick Claire over Peter in a heartbeat. Every time. Hayden is so much more important to Heroes in the ratings and star department that it isn't even close.

(I can't stand either the character or the actor)

14. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For those griping for no reason, while Hayden and Milo splitting is somewhat old news, the fact that she's trying to destroy what's left of the show is decently new news.

Personally, every few days or so I check The Superficial for a dose of celeb hate.

With these two asshats we learned very early on that a 30+ year old man was fucking some 17 year old. We knew that she gave him a fucking lap dance on the set for his birthday, as if we needed any proof about just how classy either of them are. We know that she smokes (eww gross!). We know that she went to Japan on some sort of Surfer mission to harass people huting Dolphins and then cried about it. That's right, they tried to stage a Dolphin rescue from fisherman.... while riding their surfboards! :guffaw:

So it's very clear to anyone with at least a half pile of manure for a brain that she's an insufferable little brat, thus there can be no sympathy for Milo getting himself into this situation. For him to be on the same 'maturity' level as this girl, he would have to be brain damaged. And we're talking the kind of brain damage where you can't help but drool everywhere.

Plus, frankly, this girl isn't even that physically attractive. She's certainly not a good actress either. I wonder if she has any idea just how fleeting her fame is?

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still haven't forgiven her for killing Ally McBeal.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh jesus.

I just figured out the worst thing they could possible do.

Spinoff show.

Who gets set adrift but?

17. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You're allowed to screw underage actresses in hollywood if you're also a hollywood person.

Isn't that why Miley Cyrus' boyfriend is in his 20s and not in jail?

18. biotech

biotech Vice Admiral Admiral

You sack one star on her sayso, it will only be a matter of time before she asks for someone else to go.

Probably Ali Larter, I mean is it a coincidence the other hot blond girl (speedster) had to go?

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Daphne's not dead plus Brea Grant got another job in Halloween 2 (which she explain on her Twitter that she was off to start shooting a few weeks ago) so that probably explains her absence.

20. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Know what I find funny? The same people here condemning Milo for dating someone 12 years his junior are the ones who oogled her in other threads, and posted in countdowns for a certain British actress turning "legal" ... the hypocrisy is just really amusing.