Hawaii 5-0 Season 3 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The murderous grandma was awesome. I thought that she was going to be just the sterotypical oblivious old person but she was killer!

2. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone might want to clue in Kono on the concept of cops and backup.
    Approaching a moving container while her partners are so far away wasn't exactly the smartest of ideas.

3. Enterprise is Great

'Hawaii Five-0' to remake 'fan-favorite' episode of original series

4. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Oh, I remember that one! That was a good one. I really hope they're able to do it justice.

5. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

Last night's episode was great!! Danno is my favorite, so it was fun to see an episode centered around him. Loved the flashbacks to New Jersey--they were pretty brutal though. Poor Danny really took a beating and his partner... :( And then the sad irony was that 9/11 saved his life by letting him get the jump on his attackers.

I love that Steve wouldn't leave Danny when it looked like the bomb was going to go off. Those scenes were great--you could really hear the fear in Danny's voice. I like that Danny isn't just another stoic cop. Even Steve was tearing up at the end when he hugged Danny.

Great episode!!

6. cardinal biggles

Last night was a really excellent character piece for Danno and Steve. I felt the plot was pretty thin in both storylines, but the character interaction more than made up for it. When the NY cops didn't stop for Danno, I immediately made the 9/11 connection even before they showed the smoke — maybe because I'd just finished watching last night's Bones, which centered on the unidentified remains of a homeless Gulf War vet who'd helped rescue people at the Pentagon, so 9/11 was already on my mind.

But yeah, good episode.

7. Enterprise is Great

I liked that Danno named his daughter after his dead partner...so sweet. The scene at the end when he and Grace were dancing was touching. I enjoyed the episode though Terrence Howard was a bit wasted. Just about anyone could've played that part. His performance was great though...that guy was pretty brutal and cold blooded. Glad to see he died by butcher knife!

8. cardinal biggles

Yeah, the hoopla about Terence Howard being a guest star didn't really pan out. He gave a good performance, but I agree he was underused compared to other high-profile guest stars they've had.

9. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It seems to me that most high profile guest were cameo apperances. The Ed Asner and P Diddy/Puff/Sean being exceptions along with those reoccuring for a larger story arc.

10. Enterprise is Great

Kind of a meh episode but at least Kono got to kick the head bad guy's ass!

11. Top41

Yeah, last night's episode wasn't as good as the last few have been, but it was awesome to see Kono in action at the end. I thought the McGarrett women weepfest was more than a little cloying, though. Up to this point, Mama McG has been pretty tough--why is she all of the sudden crying through a whole episode? She wasn't that way in her interactions with Steve after they were reunited.

I did like Danny's confidential informant and his wussing out when going undercover at the computer hacking operation. Sorry, guys... you can't send just anyone in to do undercover work! :lol:

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I stopped DVRing Five-0 and really don't miss it. :shrug:

I mean, it's entertaining in a popcorn kind of way, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Should I try to catch up?

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yes. :p

14. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What more do you want or need from an action show? If you would rather wtch Castle, Revolution or something else at the broadcast time and the rest of your watching hours are filled, then don't, unless you are a Neilson since I want 5-0 to survive a few more years.

15. Top41

I think it's better this season--the cases are still pretty outlandish, but the character stuff has been better, and they've been playing up the bromance, which is my favorite part of it. I loved the episode that delved into Danny's back story, too.

I feel like everyone has one or two popcorn shows on their DVR, so I guess it comes down to whether you enjoy it enough to make room on your DVR for it.

16. Top41

I thought last night's episode was entertaining--loved seeing Steve so sure of the psychiatrist, but I wish there had been another viable suspect/theory so it could have been more of a win when he was proved right. As it was, it looked like he was relying on his gut a little too much but not all that off base. I wasn't surprised at all when she turned out to be the killer. And Steve already has someone in his life who challenges him whom he seems to enjoy a great deal--Danno. ;)

The stuff with Mama McG is all over the place. I did like that Carlos Bernard was back and watching him and Catherine team up was fun. Possible love triangle? I also had to chuckle at Catherine telling Steve that he doesn't make a good first impression. He really doesn't. :lol:

17. Enterprise is Great

i'm not a big fan of episodes where one of the character is convinced that someone's guilty of a crime and the rest of the team doesn't see it until some crucial piece of info is unearthed. You'd think that the rest of the team would trust that person enough to be more open to the guilt of the person. I think these type of episodes work best early on in the first season. Still I enjoyed the episode a lot. I just loved how the doctor got under Steve's skin. And we got some good Steve/Danno scenes (which really make this show most weeks).

18. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah, I think that they should have trusted Steve's instincts a little more. Catherine should not have made that promise to Doris. By the way, what happened to Vanessa Marcil's face? It has been a few years since I've seen her but she looks like she's had some terrible plastic surgery.

19. cardinal biggles

I only got to watch the first half of last night's episode On Demand this morning as I was getting ready for work, so I still have to see the conclusion. But I was quite honestly surprised it took them until Season 3 to have an episode that somehow featured a sugarcane field on fire.

20. Top41

I really liked last night's episode! Although when I saw the bank hero guy with his family I figured he had staged it to get his daughter back. Didn't see the twist that he was dying, though!

The Victoria's Secret models plot line was totally gratuitous and under-developed, but it's always cute to see Danny get his flirt on and Steve get all annoyed/jealous. :lol: The end scene was really cute.

Next week's episode looks good!! I can't believe Danny's going to get shot again. Steve is so going to catch hell for that... :lol: