Have any episodes made you cry?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Methuselah Flint, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The spores were bad because there was no free will involved. It’s akin to drugging someone. They might be blissful but that’s an artificially induced state minus that important little thing called consent. Notice how horrified Sandoval is the moment the spore effect is gone.

Henoch and ZapBrannigan like this.
  2. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

It's funny you should mention that because that scene actually choked me up a bit this time when my wife and I watched it before the holidays.

I have a biological male that impregnated a biological female that gave birth nine months later but I never had a father or mother. My childhood was group homes and foster homes and on my own since I was 16.

It didn't phase me until I hit my 40s. And my wife and I met too late in life to have children. I always wanted a family but it is what it is. I have my wife and count myself very blessed for that.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Phaser Two and Vger23 like this.
  3. Phaser Two

Phaser Two Commodore Premium Member

Hey. That's beautiful. :beer: :)

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The part that got me in "This Side of Paradise" is the moment in the transporter room when Leila comes out from under the influence of the spores.

Miramanee's death got me too.

The scene when the Companion is in Nancy's body looking through the scarf has gotten me before, too.

*sniffle*

5. telerites

telerites Commander Red Shirt

I can't say I shed a tear literally but I have to go with the obvious of City on the Edge of Forever. I remember watching it as a 10 year old in 1972 and the thing that astonished me was Kirk saying hell at the end. As I aged, the scene of Spock holding Bones and saying, "He knows, Doctor. He knows," is especially poignant to me.

I did almost cry at the end of Turnabout Intruder after the ending credits rolled but they would have been tears of joy that is was over and of pain that I was able to endure it. :D

Spock's Barber likes this.
  6. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

Yes, after COTEOF ended there was an expectation that TOS would continue onward and upward to better episodes. However, the contrast is that it ended its network run with a dreary and depressing TI.

*sigh*
    :(

7. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

There are some pretty poignant moments in "The Empath" but I haven't seen it in a couple of years. I might need to check it out soon.

Spock's Barber likes this.
  8. STEPhon IT

STEPhon IT Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I cried when Janice Rand screamed in horror when she realized she was infected in "Miri", what she asked was for Kirk to look at her legs. Her fear of becoming one of those ill fated children was deep for me.

9. telerites

telerites Commander Red Shirt

Even though infected, I liked seeing close-ups of Grace Lee Whitney's legs. Even as a pre-teen, I didn't cry but am sure I drooled a bit.

johnnybear likes this.
  10. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I never cried at TOS. The only movies I died at were when Zira was killed in the Planet of the Apes movie and in AI.
    I already knew Spock wasn't going to stay dead in TWOK. His resurrection was in all the newspaper reviews before we even got to see the movie.
    When I look at Search For Spock I feel sad when David calls his father Sir. I know its an American thing but it makes me feel for the lack of time/contact between them even though thats not what it was meant to say. Makes his death so much the more tragic.

11. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

David had grown up resenting his Father as an adventurer in outer space probably unaware that his mother had ever told Kirk about his existence!!!
    JB