Has anyone done the Assassin's Creed Discovery Tours?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cyanide Muffin, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Cyanide Muffin

Cyanide Muffin All hail Doctor 13 Premium Member

On a whim I bought the two discovery tours of Eygpt and Greece.

First off howcome the tour is like 50 gigs? That's like a whole game in terms of data and considering this isn't the actual game and just the tour why is it so big?

Secondly I am loving the tour of Greece. Finding out stuff and just exploring the open world.
    Would love to hear what others think.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've done the one that came with Origins. I think it's big because they sell the tours as separate standalone games that need all of the game's assets, plus any dialogue and descriptions recorded for the tours themselves. When it comes down to it, it's still an open-world exploration using the game worlds as basis, which in itself is quite impressive if you consider how massive those worlds are and how much of it you can explore.

3. Cyanide Muffin

I know. It's amazing to just wander around the map, and you are learning things about the actual place. Photo mode is fun.

I was using Kassandra and had her standing in firepits and doing photos and stuff. But it's such a gorgeous map I'm half tempted to get the actual game.

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, and I've read that they've improved on the tour mode for Odyssey, in that you get period avatars to give you a tour rather than the invisible talking heads in the one from Origins, making them more interactive and immersive. I still have to get Odyssey. By the time I was finished Origins, Odyssey was going to come out soon, and I didn't feel like starting another of their open-world games so soon after, and I'd already played quite a few of the AC games in a row before that.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't gotten the games yet, but I definitely plan on checking out the Discovery Tours once I do.
    Apparently they are considered so accurate that people are actually using them in school history classes, that is pretty cool.

6. Cyanide Muffin

Yeah the tour of Greece is FANTASTIC...

I can't say more about it but it's fantastic. And fun.

Some bonuses is you can literally choose who you want to be to walk around the map and mounts to ride on, and boats to use too. There is swimming underwater.

Only you can't pick the girl on the title screen with the backpack. That's a pity, she looked like a proper tourist.

Only you bump into people and they make a noise then move back to what they were doing, so that might jar you out of the game a bit.

ZERO FALL DAMAGE........ So jumping off cliffs is fun

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

So did you just get the Discovery Tours without the full games?

8. Cyanide Muffin

I wasn't really interested in the games at all.. There was a bundle with both tours, Greece and Egypt for $29 so I snapped both of those up. I'm having a blast.