Guinan

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Thanos007, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's no reason to think the Borg domain was smaller in the 23rd century. The Waadwaur (mistakenly?) thought it might have been smaller in the 16th century, but even if it was, this may merely have meant it was centered around the El-Aurians and Earth back then.

Nicely in keeping with how Guinan clamshells throughout TNG, nicht wahr?

One of the ships was named Robert Fox. I don't think there was any mystery over what the ships were - they were merely the last link in the chain that took these refugees to Federation space. But the skippers of those ships probably would have had little idea of where their self-loading cargo was coming from, there having been so many links before that.

And the refugees were refugees exactly because they had not seen the Borg. Otherwise, they would have been Drones. So their testimonies probably wouldn't have amounted to much anyway.

I see no problem with that part of the story. The audience knows going into the theater who the Borg are. The heroes of the main story know that, too. That the heroes of the prologue do not is just a great bit of extra fun.

Timo Saloniemi

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I liked what they did with Guinan. I wish they'd explained her previous associations with Q. Her backstory made her a lot more interesting than if she was just a close friend of Picard's who solved people's problems.

3. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Guinan was the worst thing about TNG. I rather be locked in a room full of Pakleds with Wesley as their king than endure any Guinan. No redeeming value at all.

4. Thanos007

Thanos007 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Guinan was alright except she made Troi redundant and was better at the job. So much more could have been done with Troi with out Guinan arround. They should have had on or the other, not both.

5. Elephant999

Elephant999 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Totally agree. Much more intuitive than Troi and people always confide in bartenders! I would have liked to have seen what she would have done to Q when she stood there as if to cast a spell!