Grimm (NBC) Season 1 Discussion *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Nov 4, 2011.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Maybe the fact that she lacks a personality and could be replaced/disappeared and no one would notice?

Also, the dinner scene in last night's episode was great. You could see Munroe's "we never talk" shtick coming from a mile away and it was still great.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The thing that reminds me of Smallville is the whole should I tell the person I love my sercet and people saying no they wouldn't understand and not telling them to protect them...it isn't exclusive to Smallville...but it reminds me too much of Clana(Clark & Lana) :lol:

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Liked this week's ep - Nick works better as a character when he gets ruthless, to counteract his usual wide-eyed persona.

I also like the fact that they're dealing intelligently with the "should I tell everyone my deep dark secret" conundrum by raising the issue when it should be raised. It's not just the girlfriend, Nick is also endangering the entire police department by not letting them fully understand what they're up against. He doesn't yet know that his boss knows, so I'm looking forward to the scene where he earnestly tries to convince his boss of the truth, hoping that he won't be carted off in a straightjacket...

Just as I start to like the show, of course the ratings get wobbly...well, they've always been wobbly...

Stupid Chuck pre-emption...oh well, it's probably still pretty safe. NBC is greenlighting a lot of high-concept sf/f pilots for next fall, and there's bound to be at least one that gets slotted to Fridays as a companion for Grimm. The fact that this show seems to be inspiring a "strategy" of some sort for NBC is a hopeful sign. :D

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

New ep TONIGHT! :)

S1 EP11 "Tarantella"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmKS58nkiEo[/yt]

Promo

:eek: Looks good! :bolian:

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Oooh...Amy Acker. Nice. I'm behind..I still need to watch last week's episode.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yes! Amy Acker!!! :adore:

[edit] So Grimm tangles with spider woman...um interesting...but this ep was a bit weak...Liked seeing Amy again and the stuff with Monroe is always golden. Next week looks alot better though. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
  7. sojourner

Who the heck tries to work on a flat panel tv from underneath?

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

9. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

hey guys, watched the first two episodes and seemed kind of bland. Does it get any better.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think it gets better and a little more interesting. :shrug: There are some good eps coming up. :bolian:

[edit] If you like Monroe...then it is definitely worth the watch. :)

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the background (with all the supernatural creatures) gets richer and more complex, and both Nick and Monroe get more development.

Glad to see the rating bounced back.

12. Enterprise is Great

Too bad Grimm isn't on next Friday. NBC is airing the NAACP Image Awards instead which is going to kill Grimm's momentum again. It's ratings go down when it's off for a week.

13. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Vice Admiral Admiral

My DVR says it's recording it on Thursday, I believe....

Btw, enjoyed this episode. Wonder when the Nick will find out about the captain?

14. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yep thursday just got better:

the vampire diaries
    the secret circle
    Grimm
    the big bang theory
    person of interest

Basicaly Dvr overload night for fantastic tv.

15. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

As this series goes on it is becoming increasingly hard for me to buy into the premise that all these fairy-tales creatures have their little communities and no one ever notices anything strange about them. The show tries to be realistic, fairly grounded, except for that wackiness.

They hung a lantern on it in this most recent episode by having the spider lady grow her finger back, and Nick basically telling his partner to figure that out for himself.

The show is young, and has room to grow. I think it would be wise if they set up the idea that various critters have positions in law enforcement(ie the Captain) that sweep various strange things under the rug. Or even better, that there is some sort of super secret joint human/monster government agency that keeps a lid on the secret from getting out.

What I don't want to see is any credence given to Monroe's idea from a few episodes ago that most humans just can't see or accept the existence of critters, and thus by extrapolation walk around in some sort of fugue state where all sorts of strange wildness can be happening around them and they just ignore it.

Man, this show is so frustrating. It could be so good if it added some serialization and stretched beyond the procedural murder of the week set-up.

16. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

yeah thats the way it is on LOST GIRL, the Fae that are in the police dept hide and coverup any supernatural crimes or murders.

17. Enterprise is Great

And in his quest to appear in every tv series known to man Titus Welliver guest stars on Grimm airing March 2nd. He plays
    a mysterious old friend of Nick's Aunt Marie who comes to Nick with information about his family and what led to his parent’s death

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    That is cool with me...I liked him on LOST! :p

19. sojourner

Repeats, ugh.

20. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

:lol: Perhaps he, Mark Pellegrino, and Mark Shepard, should step into the ring and duke it out for the title of ''I've Guest Starred on Every TV Show Known, Cause I'm Da Man''. :techman:

Who'd you bet on? :)