Grimm (NBC) Season 1 Discussion *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I've watched a ton of cop shows over the last 30 years and it's pretty par for the course. Though I've rarely seen a cop shoot someone in the back like they did on Grimm and get to stay on the job.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Because the premise is that Fairy Tale monsters exist in the real world-- therefore the real world aspect requires verisimilitude, if not realism.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Nevermind...I forgot Temis posted the news earlier. :p

[edit] Glad Grimm is getting a full season. :bolian:

4. Enterprise is Great

The real world of tv police procedurals actually not the world of reality. Cops on tv regularly do things that cops in real life would go to prison for and get sued civilly.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^True, but you still have to make it look realistic. Cops shooting people in the back and not even getting a slap on the wrist is not.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Exactly. That's why I said verisimilitude, not realism.

7. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

There would probably be a lot fewer injuries to officers if they'd shoot more people in the back instead of waiting for them to turn around and shoot back! :)

I'm glad Grimm gets a full season...I just hope it kicks it into gear soon and finds its groove.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Next up on Grimm...
    No Grimm tonight though. :(

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good point. The only other cop show I watch is Person of Interest, and there are plenty of howlers in that one, too. I guess I'm naive expecting any cop show on TV to depict things accurately.

10. Enterprise is Great

2 Grimm's next week? Awesome!

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Anyone watch this weeks eps? I need to catch up today or tomorrow.

12. Enterprise is Great

The Thursday episode was pretty good despite the use of rats...I hate rats. So that blonde chick who tried to kill Nick's aunt was hitting on Nick's partner...I'm sure she's up to no good and isn't just interested in the guy. Probably trying to see if he knows anything.

Friday's episode was much better mainly because we got more Monroe and learned more about his past. Plus it had the smokin' hot Jaime Ray Newman. :drool: Nice to see Monroe have a bit of a lapse and revert to being a bit more wild. It was real hard to resist his ex-girlfriend.

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those last two eps were an improvement - the pace is faster, the dialogue is zippier and there seems to be some actual character growth taking place.

The Thursday experiment doesn't seem to have panned out. The show did a bit better on Friday, and since the ratings are steady, if low, maybe NBC should just learn to be happy with that.

Thu -1.6/4, 4.09M

Fri -1.6/5, 5.415M

14. sojourner

I'm sure the "thursday experiment" failed due to lack of promotion.

I think a great test of a show's writing is how many character names you can remember after having watched a certain number of episodes. So far I can't remember anyone's except for Grimm, which is a given. The worst being his fiance. Not only do I not know her name yet, I think they could have used a different actress in each episode and I wouldn't have noticed.

It's sad that the most developed character on the show is wolf-guy and not the lead. They need to do a "time out" from the procedural episodes and just do some character exploration.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Finally caught up with the past 3 eps...all were pretty good..."Let Your Hair Down" was probably the best out of the last 3...the one with the rats, "Danse Macabre" felt like a S1 ep of SMALLVILLE. :lol: "The Three Bad Wolves" was great cause of the characters from Monroe's past. I don't have a problem with David Giuntoli(Burkhardt) or Russell Hornsby(Hank) but Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe steals the show as others have mentioned and I like Reggie Lee is great as well...Nick's girlfriend I could care less about.

16. sojourner

Nick has a girlfirend??? I thought that was a pillow.

17. Stiletto

Stiletto Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think I only watch this show for Monroe. He's the coolest guy!

18. Nerd unRage

Nerd unRage Commander Red Shirt

I like the latest episode that aired although I could have done without the subplot of the redneck brothers going after the hiker who was kidnapped by the brother. I actually teared up when they returned the girl to her mother which is really odd because I knew it was coming but for some reason, it made me tear up.

I think overall, the show is slowly, but surely getting there. I want them to leave it on the Friday night schedule. This just feels more like a Friday night show. But it's NBC, they'll find a way to kill it before letting it grow and develop.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. The show is good right now, but it really does have potential to be awesome if it's given enough time to develop to it's fullest potential.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I forgot it was new tonight...

Grimm Episode 8 “Game Ogre” Official Description

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KScjm22AVm0[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KScjm22AVm0

I will catch it tomorrow or something. :sigh: