• Welcome! The TrekBBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans.
    If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Godzilla, Kong, Gamera & Co.: The Kaiju Mega-Thread

super sentai monster style is where crew members wear the giant monster suits and they have the fight scenes in the minature cities towns villages fields etc while at the same time have like kids toys as the vehicles
First off, the technique is called suitmation.

Second, the technique was pioneered by the team of Eiji Tsuburaya on the Toho kaiju films. I don't think it's your intention, but it comes off a little disrespectful to call it "Super Sentai monster style" to describe the effects in Godzilla movies.

Third, suitmation has been used by filmmakers all over the world. Even the 1976 King Kong remake and its sequel largely used the technique. It is true that it has more of a tradition in Japan and is used there to this day, it is not unique to Japan.

Finally, while the Godzilla movies don't use suitmation anymore, Toho has been producing Godzilla short films showcasing the technique for their annual Godzilla Day celebration, which you can find online and even linked further back in the thread.
 
First off, the technique is called suitmation.

Second, the technique was pioneered by the team of Eiji Tsuburaya on the Toho kaiju films. I don't think it's your intention, but it comes off a little disrespectful to call it "Super Sentai monster style" to describe the effects in Godzilla movies.

It might be inverting cause and effect, but I don't think it's disrespectful, since Super Sentai is a spiritual descendant of Tsuburaya's tokusatsu techniques, and as a franchise that ran for 50 years straight (until last year), it's been one of the three main pillars of the tokusatsu genre on TV, alongside Kamen Rider and Tsuburaya's own co-creation Ultraman (neither of which has run as continuously).
 
There is a distributor and cinema chain in Turkey called "Başka Sinema." After *Godzilla Minus One* failed to get a release, the distribution rights for *Godzilla Minus Zero* were acquired by Başka Sinema. Barring any further changes, the film will be screened at Başka Sinema venues.


Piece of Magic Entertainment is supplying the film to Türkiye and 46 other countries. Specifically in Türkiye, the independent distributor Başka Sinema will handle the theatrical release.
 
Last edited:
Having typed that, knowing what know now about the movie, I went back and watched the trailer again, and, some of those lines and scenes make sense given the new information.
 
Don't read the Guardian UK review if you don't want the plot spoiled.
That's why I started very carefully skimming reviews down towards the end when they tend to sum up their feelings, or if they have a specific section that has their basic opinion, like IGN has a "verdict" section at their reviews, I'll only read that. I've had to many reviews reveal things I didn't want to know when I read the whole thing.
 
If you are not already a member then please register an account and join in the discussion!

Sign up / Register


Back
Top