GIRLS season 6, the last latte..

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by teacake, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's smaller now than she was a couple seasons ago.

Babies are assholes like that.

As long as the daddy is not a massive fuckup, it's polite to tell, but Hannah should have known that, which is why it was so abrasive that person after person kept telling Hannah to tell Paul Louis.

Was Hannah's subconscious tricking the fleas surrounding Her, into forcing Hannah into calling the sperm guy? Otherwise why shoot off a flare like that?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kinda liked the realization showdown that hey, maybe no one was really friends any more. Makes sense.

The show kinda forgot about Shoshanna this season and it seems that Hannah also forgot about Shoshanna for no actual reason? Was there some miffy moment there I missed that would make Hannah not tell her about the baby for what now appears to be months? I mean.. missing an opportunity to make a huge announcement about herself doesn't sound like Hannah at all especially as Shosh was likely going to be more nice about it than Jess or Marnie.

I guess this will be it for Ray too. They paired him up and now his story is over :( LOL

3. Guy Gardener

I don't think they got all the "girls" together at the same time for the bathroom shot. There were a lot of takes, and Sho was never in the same frame as Hannah. (I think? Not going back to check.)

We saw Sho with Ray two weeks ago, talking in front of Marnie, who was too dumb to understand what they were talking about, which was a contributing factor to their break up, but it seemed like Ray and Sho were going to realise that they were meant to be together... Not that a man and a woman being able to hold a simple conversation together is any evidence that they are lobsters.

However, talking with Sho, seems far more rewarding (emotionally) than sex with Marnie.

Ray's dick was getting dumber the more he stuck it in there.

We should never have seen Marnie again after her growth episode, because it ended with us still not hating her for taking up space and breathing. I need Marnie to fall down an open man hole before she reproduces.

It's harsh, but Sho's life will be better without those three dragging her down... Although the Heroin addict is her cousin, so Jessa will be at all the family events for the rest of her (Jessa's) probably very short life.

Hannah teaching kids what the internet is.

####.

Is Hannah significantly younger than Lena?

My mother (IRL) is fighting me about getting her a computer.

4. teacake

Oh boy I used to fight with people for their own good all the time.. then I realized I would end up being the tech support for whatever thing it was (cutting and pasting, the internet, cloud anything, streaming, Dl'ing, sending email, online banking..) FOREVER and it would drive me nuts.

You're a good man.

5. Guy Gardener

How are we Boffins?

Every thing I know about computers, I figured out when it was still the 20th century.

True.

This OS is essentially Windows 95 with dressing.

6. teacake

It's quite amusing since I am basically an idiot AND the self explanatory user friendliness of.. everything increases seemingly every day. I think I actually knew more last century because I had to laboriously teach myself how to do stuff that is now all built in.

7. Guy Gardener

Watching a behind the scenes interview special.

"A Goodbye to Girls"

Oh.

I forgot to check in with you about the reigning question from last week... Every poop you've had has been in a toilet, right?

(Jessa is unaware how disconnected she is from good people.)

8. teacake

No of course not, I have pooped in the woods.

Never in the street though.

Once I was having such an emergency I was scouting out likely places to privately poop as I hurried towards the public loos and I saw a great place and now even though that was over 12 years ago every time I pass that spot I look fondly at it as potentially having saved me. I kept going though, to the loos with no seats or paper or flushing, possibly the wrong choice.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  9. Guy Gardener

I've been very good with my movements since I was a very small child. :whistle: :ouch:

Watching the special reminded me that Adie Bryant was Sho's work friend on the computer from two years ago. It's sad when I don't pay as much attention as...

I never realised that Hannah's wardrobe was supposed to be such an unruly monster.

It's all surely really just what normal people wear when it's hot?

Oh, also there was a candid crew shot of all four of them in the bathroom together. So I guess I was wrong about that, but gluing cuts together, shot weeks apart happens all the time in other shows, like the Good Wife.

:)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. teacake

But what's the actual reason for so little Shosh this season? Why did we have to have all those stupid Marnie stories with that turd boyfriend?

Jess is turning into that person we all know who was kind of fetchingly feral when you're young but rather than outgrowing it grows deeper into it and eventually is really really fucked.

11. Guy Gardener

Jemima Kirke is not actually an alcoholic ex heroine addict (I hope/think?)

So the mid 90s Courtney love make-over probably takes a while to inflict on the poor lady before shooting every day, but yes where her kind is at, she could very easily turn into the villain of this story.

IMDB places Zosia in 5 movies coming out in 2017, but getting her life together as soon as she drops these freaks in of itself requires her absence...

Adam's been in more episodes than Sho. That's weird, because I barely ever notice that he is there.

12. teacake

Yeah Adam is quite invisible now because of what he was when we first met him. He's almost dead in comparison.

I'm on second season Chewing Gum.

13. Guy Gardener

Oh, I had thought Chewing Gum was a drama.

I like Britcoms, but britdrama is too overblown with drudgery.

14. teacake

There's no drama in it and so far it hasn't done that thing where it morphs into some heavy shit against your will while still pretending to be a comedy like Love did. The main character is almost slapstick in personality and a great visual actor.

15. teacake

IT'S THE LAST EPISODE EVER !!!!!!!

:(

SPOILERS BELOW

Just started it.. there really is no escape from Marnie is there?

GROVER?! Seriously wtf Hannah.. but at least we didn't have to hear your monologue about how Grover was so great because so goofy but a good heart and how mom used to give her fruit loops when she stayed home sick and watched sesame street and.. or at least. We haven't heard it yet. This is a live posting. 3 minutes and 40 seconds in.

Why is the baby so black?

16. teacake

Okay that was a lovely final episode.

I am very grateful there was no hugely dramatic birth scene full of screaming, I feel like we already had one of those this series and it's almost tropey filler sometimes.

I liked how the title is seemingly about the baby but then you realize no, it's about Hannah.

17. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener and teacake are the only one around here who watch this show?
    - Soilers -
    I thought Season 6 was terrific, right up until the last episode. But agree with teacake, skipping the birth scene was terrific. Really enjoyed the storyline with the film Adam made about his relationship with Hannah. The scene where Hannah meets and talks to the actress who played her was totally amusing. The scene which suggests it's based off the real life meeting of Adam and Hannah in the candy store was fantastic - I know that's something fans have been clamoring to see or hear about.
    Jessa's story ending was positively depressing. I think all 3 of the other mains made it "out" okay.

teacake likes this.
  18. Guy Gardener

Or Grover Cleveland? The 22nd POTUS. Oh! It was Paul Louis' idea? yeah, the kid was definitely named after the Muppet them. :)

Paul Louis had dark skin.

Sorry Alf, I keep trying to hook all these olds (a recent census, actually showed me that a lot of people here are much younger than me) on new media, but they task me... All they want to do is watch Knight Rider and Cheers in a loop.

Marnie. Needs. To. be. Crucified.

The birth mother of the twins who played grover got a little pissy when the internet stared profiling her kids.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/the-mother-of-hannahs-baby-on-girls-on-his-race.html

The end felt more like a pilot than a final episode.

Weird.