Spoilers Game of Thrones: The Final Season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

HBO had a GoT marathon a few days ago along with the announcement of S8 coming in April, and that made me decide to do a rewatch of the entire series in preparation for the last season on the spot.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Unfortunately, since I have Dish, all HBO channels have been suspended until they work some issues out. Now that HBO is owned by AT&T, who also happens to own the truly crappy DirecTV (Dish's main competitor), negotiations have been, of late, ponderous to say the least. :(

3. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

The final season starts April 14th

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

And here's the...cryptic...teaser:

5. 137th Gebirg

[Vader]The foreshadowing is strong in this one.[/Vader]

6. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I still think Jon Snow and Danerys Targaryen are going to win the war against the White Walkers while Cersei will get betrayed and murdered by either Jaime, Euron or her new employees, the Golden Company.

Doesn't Cersei know who founded the Golden Company ?

I also predict Dany will get murdered by Samwell Tarly for the killing of his father and brother.

Jon Snow will be left to rule the seven kingdoms.

7. The Nth Doctor

That's an intriguing prediction. On the one hand, I love the idea of a mild-mannered and underestimated character would be the downfall of the great dragon queen. However, on the other hand, I don't believe Sam is the vengeful sort, especially for two people who treated him with open disdain when they were alive. Even if Daenerys murdered Gilly and her son in front of Sam, I don't think he would do it.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  8. 137th Gebirg

^^^ This.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I agree, though I can't imagine it won't create some sort of rift, either between Jon & Sam or Jon & Daenerys.

Is it weird that it's just now occurring to me that little Sam is now technically the heir to Hornhill? I mean, I can't imagine Jon *not* legitimising a bastard...

10. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Well Samwell is the sole remaining heir to Hornhill. Who knows with the extinction of House Tyrell, the Tarlys might end up running The Reach. Jon would certainly support such a move. Legitimize Gendry as a Baratheon and you get two royal houses running two of the seven "Kingdoms". Edmure Tully running the Riverlands means three pro Jon Snow/ Stark "Kingdoms".

Are the Martells extinct ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  11. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the Martells are indeed extinct. Since the Tower of Joy seems to be a personal fief of Ragnar Targaryen and it seems to be in Dorne, then "Aegon Targaryen" its lord may be the highest ranking noble left in Dorne. As an outsider who isn't likely to be so inconvenient as to physically come into Dorne and actually rule, the Dornish would be well advised to make Jon their Prince.

Sansa and Bran also have a claim to the Aerie if Robin should die. This seems likely but even if he doesn't it seems she is de facto regent, as his cousin. I would think it good politics to gamble on being his merry widow if I were a quasifeudal thuggess.

The Tarlys were already slated to replace the Tyrells, Sam's difficulty is being in the Night's Watch, foresworn to taking lands..

On the Iron Throne itself, Daenerys' real claim is dragons, not descent. Jon/Aegon has law but no dragons. Dragons are trumps. The show literally says it is about the game of thrones. On the one hand it has claimed the game of thrones is pointless, just another turn of the wheel, when the true task is to break it. On the other hand, it has invested huge amounts of plot into Jon Snow/Sand/Aegon Targaryen's lineage. Why, why, why does it matter?

12. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I predict Dany, Cersei, Jon, Arya, Davos, Brienne, Bron, the Hound, the Mountain and all the other supporting characters will bite the bullet in season 8.

I think either Jamie or Sansa will win the throne. With Tyrion as hand.

13. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don’t watch the series but this was my favorite ad from the game. Well done GOtT and bud light.

15. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

Everybody dies and the Night King gets the throne. Or maybe Sam.

Seven of Five likes this.
  16. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Bud Light Knight gets killed.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  17. 137th Gebirg

They went full Oberyn Martell with that one. :lol:

18. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Given the level of anticipation, have HBO concluded fans are so ravenous for S8 that they can forgo standard marketing and troll the shit out of us? As much as I'm salivating for an honest-to-god trailer, I also love the idea that when April 14th comes around I won't have seen a single frame of it.

Bastards.

19. The Nth Doctor

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

Bastards indeed.

20. dahj

dahj Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope they've repurposed the marketing budget on rendering some more Ghost this season. :D