Galileo's Summer Vacation - to New York

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Search4, Apr 16, 2016.

1. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Did you not get the memo? ;)

2. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

I went to the Intrepid on July 30th to see the Star Trek exhibit and the Galileo shuttlecraft... Unfortunately, my friend and I didn't discover until the end of the ST tour that the shuttlecraft was not a part of that tour, but is instead being displayed with several real-life vehicles on a separate tour. But that's okay. It's gives us an excuse to go back! :)

3. MarsWeeps

^ That's crazy. Any logical being in the Galaxy would think that Galileo would be part of the Star Trek tour. It SHOULD be a part of it! I guess they are milking it for all it's worth. :thumbdown:

4. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I always hoped that some private party or a museum would have preserved the sets from TOS but, alas, that didn't happen. What a waste...all that time, energy and money spent designing and constructing those sets. But at least the original shuttlecraft is restored and ready to be enjoyed by fans.

5. MarsWeeps

^Trek was cancelled after 3 seasons. Nobody knew at the time that it would turn into the "religion" that exists today. There was no reason (in 1969) to keep the sets from a failed TV series.

6. Spock's Barber

Spock's Barber Commodore Commodore

I believe it was Solow/Justman who said that TOS bridge was donated to the UCLA film school where it was mostly trashed.

7. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Galileo is with the Space Shuttle Enterprise. Which is NOT a pop up tour but instead a national landmark. The pop up tour was not designed to take Galileo around. It has another focus.

But Galileo is in good company.

JonnyQuest037 likes this.