Gabe Koerner´s Nightshade ship

Stardate

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
I was browsing on another ST site :rolleyes: and stumbled on starship design made by Gabe Koerner(well it is his site) called Nightshade. Really cool design :cool: but i haven't never heard anything about it before. Does anyone have more info on it.

http://gabekoerner.com/fx/Gallery/nightshade1064.jpg

Image changed to link - all embedded images must be on space owned/controlled by the BBS member, not hotlinked from someone else's webspace - Ptrope

gabe site http://gabekoerner.com/fx/index.htm#

p.s i hope it is okey posting this, if not admin. are free to intervene and my apologies. :angel:

You're linking that image off his webspace, which is not cool daddy-o.

Its a nice lookin' ship, but not "hero"-worthy and obviously not the best of his work.

Gabe does some fantastic work, both in the industry and on his own. I'm surprised at the amount of flack he's received from the fan-boys, but I always enjoy his work. All of it.

KirkTrekModeler said:
Gabe does some fantastic work, both in the industry and on his own. I'm surprised at the amount of flack he's received from the fan-boys, but I always enjoy his work. All of it.

Speaking only for myself, I think GabrielKoerner is an absolutely brilliant digital animator and a profoundly mediocre Trek spacecraft hardware conceptual designer. Considering that they are two entirely separate artistic disciplines requiring completely different talents and skill sets, it is most certainly not something to be ashamed of. :)

TGT

The God Thing said:

Speaking only for myself, I think GabrielKoerner is an absolutely brilliant digital animator and a profoundly mediocre Trek spacecraft hardware conceptual designer. Considering that they are two entirely separate artistic disciplines requiring completely different talents and skill sets, it is most certainly not something to be ashamed of. :)

TGT

That's fine, TGT, we have people like Vektor and Probert to handle the latter department.

(I still want to see the "April Fools" 1701 in 3D.)

I think Gabe is a wee bit better than "profoundly mediocre". :cool: While I agree that it's not a ship destined for lead role status it's still a real good looking design, IMHO.

Relayer said:
I think Gabe is a wee bit better than "profoundly mediocre". :cool: While I agree that it's not a ship destined for lead role status it's still a real good looking design, IMHO.

So do I, but I like Vektor and Andy's work much better.

It's like preferring Calamari parmigiana to Fettuccine alfredo, even though I love both.

I have to agree, especially since he's obviously gifted enough to actually be working in the industry and not just sitting on the sidelines postulating, profiling, and pretending.

Relayer said:
:angel: :angel:

well i find this ship worthy of being in XI movie, just repaint it in TMP colors. it is that good

A cross between VGR and Equinox. I think it looks better than the VGR, but then again I was never fond of the USS SPOON, with it's tiny nacelles and bulbous, trys-to-be-streamlined-but-isn't profile.

I'd have to see more views of this ship before I'd go overboard either praising or criticizing it. I'd have to get a better handle on its size and so forth.

I agree with Ancient: Voyager tried to look cool, but was too TNG-overwrought. And the interiors looked even worse.

Back