Fringe: "Amber 31422" - Nov. 4 - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

41.9%
  2. Above average

41.9%
  3. Average

12.9%
  4. Below average

3.2%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, as far as the ancients, when will they discover a stargate and Fringe division get taken over by the NID?

2. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Well, I'm enjoying the heck out of this show. :biggrin:

I agree that the character's the thing in Fringe, and that is what drew me in from the get-go. Watching the characters interact, the conflict, all the baggage everyone is struggling with. The supporting characters are just as compelling to me as the main trio. (So sad to lose Charlie in our universe. :( I'm still in mourning, I really liked him. It's a comfort to see alt-Charlie in the other universe.) The Walter/Peter dynamic is so realistic and fascinating to watch.

I love that TPTB began with a long-term vision, and they've been laying groundwork from the beginning for stuff that comes together much later on. It is frustrating to watch a show where it's obvious they don't have an overall arc in mind. All the missed opportunities! I'm glad Fringe has stayed on the air long enough to follow up on the seeds they planted, and I hope it goes the distance. There's so much left to explore.

Now I'm wondering if Ella will be the key to exposing AltLivia. (Since Peter is apparently clueless. :mad: The force of denial and rationalization could power the universe, I think.)

My husband brought up a question (apologies if this has already been hashed out, we're new to the show): When AltLivia returned to "our" universe with Walter and Peter, I know Bell gave them a boost...but who opened the doorway?

3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

One thing I don't like is the "Head Peter" gimmick (oh for a better phrasing). It got tiresome when it was "Head Scorpius" for more than a few episodes and more tiresome when it was "Head Number Six" for a whole series, and all the other times it's been done. In any case, I'm tired of the gimmick.

4. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was watching that series of shows on Biography about Star Trek. Seems Joshua Jackson had been considered for Kirk, but was considered too old!

5. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Josh would have been a great Kirk, or even George!

Who would have thought the little mighty duck and Pacey would grow up so---fine? :lol:

Oh and HR beautiful AV!

6. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

HalluciPeter? :p

I'm having fun with the idea that Olivia's version of Peter is different than the real one. As if HalliciPeter is the man she needs to see -- hopeful, optimistic, not cynical -- in order to climb out of her hole.

Something else I'm wondering: now that Olivia is recovering her own personality, will Peter vanish? Or will she still be in flux, and need him to be there to help ground her, and lead her all the way home? Perhaps she'll stop taking all those pills, now that she knows he's a good-guy hallucination.

Thank you! :) Nothing like having a new show to go gaga over in Photoshop. :biggrin:

7. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've thoroughly enjoyed every episode this season... Such a difference from the first 1.5 seasons which seemed to be of clunkers.