Frequency -- Season 1 on the CW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Snaploud, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

I should have said you can't remove a physical action once it has been taken by one of the two protaganists themselves. She doesn't need something casual to spark her or her father's actions in a loop. Her personal timeline's actions remain in play and in her memory even as the world shifts around her. She doesn't need a reason to have told her father those things, because it is actions she has already taken. of course the shed and what not changed as the timeline shifted around her. Her and her father are the lynchpins that cause the changes and hold the timeline together. They do not answer to anything paradoxical as they themselves are the paradox.

2. Ometiklan

Ometiklan Captain Captain

I guess you are right, there isn't anything in the show so far that shows actions taken by Raimy to not have happened after changes in the timelines; it just doesn't make sense. I guess I will just have to watch with the understand that Raimy, her clothes, gun, car, etc. jump timelines when changes are made, the Raimy from the new timeline is gone, and she just downloads new memories from the new timeline.

Man she is going to have so many overlapping memories, either the old ones are going to have to fade away like dreams or she is going to quickly become so disoriented as to be unable to correctly interact with her current timeline.

3. Phoenix219

I think the memories only work when she consciously thinks about it after noticing it, but yes, that could get confusing quickly, depending on how many major things keep changing.

I totally get clothes/gun/location/memories but the car thing did seem to be a slight oversight. I agree that she should have had to call for a ride at that point, but I enjoy the show enough to overlook the tiny stuff.

Time travel stuff aside, I want to know what the crooked cops have to do with the serial killer, and why the serial killer was dormant for so long originally. What is the connection between her father living, and the killer continuing, which put her mom in the crosshairs? Its hard to believe a police conspiracy would protect a serial killer, so there are two criminal segments of the show, but how are they connected?

4. Stephen Lee

Stephen Lee Commodore Commodore

They explained it in the pilot. When Frank survived and was in the hospital, Mom & Raimy go to visit him. On their way out, she runs into the Nurse that was originally killed. Instead of the Nurse entering the elevator, Mom offers to take the 'medical supply' down thus 'taking the nurses place' & since she is also a nurse, with the killer standing behind her in the elevator. He picks her instead.

5. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I assume the original target died while killing her assailant (which was why no more victims were found in the original timeline).

6. Phoenix219

If it was that simple, wouldn't they have identified him or had an unidentified dead body to ID in the original timeline? Of course, its not like they can go back and check those records anymore anyways....

7. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

They didn't have a description of him in the original timeline. His body may never have been connected to the other killings.

8. Phoenix219

I may have to rewatch the pilot. Did they never find the nurse's body? How did they know it was a nurse if not? If she killed him while dying, his body would have been discovered.

Just trying to figure out what particular butterfly took a vicious killer out of play for 20 years. So far, the show fascinates me.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As I recall, they found the nurse's body in the present, 20 years after her murder, and it was being investigated as a cold case, because she was the last of the killer's victims. After the timeline change, the cold case had become an active case because the killer had never stopped.

10. Stephen Lee

Well here we have it, the episode where she uses memories from both her timelines to solve a crime.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They keeping the Nightingale's identity a secret because it'll be a character already on the show? Or until they can cast Jim Caviezel?

12. Stephen Lee

Seems like the killer is now stalking the Dad&Daughter. You got to wonder if that inmate did really create a time device like he said? Now we just got to wait for the episode where Raimy wakes up in a loney bin and is told everything was a dream.

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

14. Stephen Lee

Doesn't sound good at all. Hopefully they do resolve the current story-line at least. (saving mom)

15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

The writers claimed they mapped out a complete storyline for 13 episodes, with a plan if they got 22, and a story-line if they got picked-up for season 2.

16. Stephen Lee

:techman: DVD buyers rejoice!!

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not just the mum.

But give winning lottery tickets to every future victim.

Time it so that it's after the Nightingale killer selects them, but before he puts his killing pants on.

Confuse the crap out of him.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  18. Phoenix219

This is one of the most unique show's I've ever seen. I'm really enjoying it. I hope it gets a second season... but knowing it has a mapped out ending helps.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone still watching this?

20. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Yes. I'm still enjoying it, though I haven't seen this week's episode yet. It's in my DVR.