Freeform orders Marvel's Cloak and Dagger series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Fixed.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Olivia is a low level Disney Princess who is in the tween Sitcom circuit, with collectively over a hundred episodes under her belt.

Aubrey is a noob, although I have not seen his episodes, you got to have some serious chops to be let into a project like "The Night Of" .

3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I barely remember Aubrey Joseph in The Night Of (had to look up who he played; he was Stone's kid). It's probably a good idea to have two unknowns in these roles.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It just occurred to me... the phrase "cloak and dagger" usually refers to espionage, intrigue, secrets and schemes, that sort of thing. But the names of the characters Cloak and Dagger are based on their powers, the whole darkness-and-light thing, and they're just a couple of teen runaways or something, not secret agents. To the uninitiated, it'd be kind of weird to have a show that's called Cloak and Dagger and has nothing to do with spies. That just makes me wonder what the thinking was behind the characters' creation in the first place.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Most of us figured that out in the 80s. :)

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Cloak and Dagger were one of those sets of characters I really first took to after Spider-man and Hulk in the 80's. I've got a nostalgia spot for them so I'm very curious about this show. Being who the characters are it makes sense it landed on Freeform. Which, based on it's lineup is essentially the new CW but for cable, targeting teens through 20-somethings. I expect the show to be very angsty but stylish and dripping with over the top drama. That will likely be a bit of a departure from the characters I recall reading but I can understand adapting that to fit today's market.

There will be very, very, very few people tuning in to the show looking for the next Scarecrow and Mrs.King.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's nice to see some familiar names, like Gloria Ruben and Andrea Roth, in the supporting cast.

9. Christopher

Most people probably know them from more recent things, but to me, they will always be Julio's girlfriend Sabrina from The Flash (1990) and Diana from RoboCop: The Series, respectively.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My introduction to Andrea Roth was as Denis Leary's wife on Resuce Me.
    Looking through her filmography, the most significant role I've seen Gloria Reuben (I missed the first e in my other post) in was a recurring role on Falling Skies. I've seen in one off guest roles in a few shows I watch though.

11. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Not familiar with any of them except J.D. Evermore. Glad to see he's getting more work after the excellent Rectify.

12. Turtletrekker

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm very curious to see what the costumes will look like.

14. Christopher

I think it's safe to assume that Dagger's costume will be a bit more practical and less revealing than the comics' version.

15. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

This has been the version of Dagger that's been featured over the last several years:
    http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130619210312/marveldatabase/images/2/2b/Tandy_Bowen_(Earth-1610)_from_Ultimate_Comics_Spider-Man_Vol_2_24_001.jpg

The original version of Dagger has popped up occasionally here and there, but this version has been the more prominent one of late in the comics.

16. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, from what I can tell in their latest appearance that I know of (issues of Amazing Spider-Man from last year where he finally freed them from Mr. negative's control) Dagger was wearing her classic costume. I think the one in that pic is a good compromise, for a show, but comics wise I think her classic look is the "current" look. I personally don't care what they go with, though, as long as its at least similar enough to be recognizable.

17. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Will this (and Runaways while we're at it) be set in the MCU by the way?

Or meant to be at least, I'm not expecting any crossovers, especially given all the different networks/companies/formats, etc. I was just wondering. Maybe just the odd little easter egg mention of something or other relating to something else.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I honestly can't remember if that's been addressed yet.

19. Christopher

I can't think of any Marvel Studios live-action productions that haven't been.

20. Turtletrekker