Freeform orders Marvel's Cloak and Dagger series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yes, it is. AoS established that Roxxon acquired the company that had done the "Zero Matter" research in Agent Carter. And Cloak's powers in the comics are known to be Darkforce-based.

2. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that is interesting--not having seen Shield in a long time, I hadn't even picked up on that.

I finally had a chance to watch this series to the end and it was much better than I expected. I am looking forward to next season. Legal reasons aside, Tandy and Tyrone could easily fit into any of the Netflix series or, as someone mentioned in another thread--into the Runaways series. Both would make for interesting crossovers.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Anwar likes this.
  4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I'm so used to the Netflix model that I had no expectation of seeing an announcement date so soon. Glad to see that.

7. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 2 starts tomorrow. 2 episodes air Thursday.

KimMH likes this.
  9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks for the reminder!

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, my DVR still has the series programmed from last season, and it has both episodes ready to go! :techman:

Anwar likes this.
  11. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

My usual shows on Thursday (Siren) are done for a while, so I can watch this without any distractions or need for PVR. Looking forward to it!

12. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I quite liked the third episode. Good start to the season so far, showing where characters are after the long break, and then afterwards showing how they got there.

I hate to admit this, but I actually looked up one or two of the songs from episode 2 to check out. Won't say I like all the music on this show, but it's pretty rare for me to actually look a song up, so they're doing something right in that department.

KimMH likes this.
  13. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, I agree the music selection is a bit better this season.

All three episodes are a marked improvement from the first season, but I particularly enjoyed the split narratives of the second episode, how it focused on each of the three main characters, crossover and filling in gaps where necessary, coalescing to that shocking ending (at least for Tyrone and Tandy).

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I've only seen the first two episodes as my access to Hulu is limited at the time, but I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I like that they went straight into the story this year rather than waste time on the mystery of the origin story. For a little bit it look like they were going to contrive reasons to keep Ty and Tandy separated, but they moved past that right away.

15. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last week's episode was cool, though how they managed to let Connors get away at the end was beyond me. I get that writers need to set future stories up, but make something like that a bit easier to swallow please.

I'm kinda digging this human trafficking story that seems like it'll be one of the main connecting stories of the season.

And the scenes with Tandy and Mayhem in the record store and camping gear stores were pretty neat. Even the vinyl record memories that looked like they were on an empty stage were pretty cool.

Speaking of, Cloak and Dagger collectible colored vinyl when?

Tyrone was all ready to show his mom what he could do, but then she never got to see. Now that they've set up that possibility, it'll happen in the next 2-4 episodes, right?

The Nth Doctor and KimMH like this.
  16. theenglish

This show is really hitting all the right notes this season. As for letting Connors get away, it looked to me like they didn't even know he was there until they broke out of the window. It also seems like we have a TOS scenario where Mayhem and Brigid are going to have to recombine in order for both to survive at some point.

The Nth Doctor and KimMH like this.
  17. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Haven’t read C&D in ages. Wasn’t the cloak a gateway to the null dimension?

18. theenglish

Honestly, I haven't read a comic with the characters in a quarter century, but it is a gateway and that is where a good portion of this last episode was located.

KimMH likes this.
  19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The Darkforce dimension, IIRC. The producers mentioned last season that it is meant to be the same Darkforce seen in Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter.

KimMH likes this.
  20. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Thanks. They have dropped a lot of Easter eggs - it’s honestly been part of the fun of the Marvel my/tvu.