Free website recommendation

Discussion in 'Web Sites/Design' started by Arpy, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Arpy

Arpy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

hi, I’m completely new to web everything, and I’m looking for a recommendation to a free website host to create a Trek fan page.

I see some useful links above but the two I followed ultimately asked for money to buy a domain name. Is there anything completely free?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I’m basically a Luddite, so the easier to use the better... Thanks, again!

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Admiral Admiral

3. Timby

Timby Game ... OVER! Administrator

Just build something on WordPress.com.

For the record, you're never going to get a domain name and hosting / DNS registry for free. If you want a URL like arpystreksite.com or whatever, you're going to be out ten bucks for the domain registration and $50-ish for hosting. Wix and WordPress.com are really your only "free" options.

XCV330 likes this.
  4. tracy18

tracy18 Ensign Newbie

I have used Strikingly.com in the past to create a free website on American history. Though the website looks good in terms of design, it lacks the plugin features that are readily available in Wordpress. I would advice you to use Wordpress, and in case you need to create pages that are design heavy, you could make them on Sunny Landing pages and import them to Wordpress.