News FOX selling out to Disney?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

While that isn't what's happened to the MCU, it IS what's already happened to the FoX-Men series. They've just been telling the same story over and over for 17 years.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  2. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

I disagree.

Kor

F. King Daniel likes this.
  3. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Damn. No matter my feelings about other aspects of the deal, that result is horrible.

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

They're still stuck thinking it's the year 2000 and aren't willing to push the envelope the way other CBMs have done.

5. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's your opinion. I mean, movies don't have to "say" anything, that's ridiculous.The X-Men movies are shit at this point, while the MCU continues to put out the best films in the genre. The MCU movies have as much "gravitas" as they need, and being jovial isn't a bad thing. Being overly dark and self important, like Snyder's shit and stuff like Logan, is the real issue, and FOX was going down that street with Fant4stic and, well, Logan. Apocalypse was less self important and more coma inducing boredom, which is another bad style to have. The less I say about New Mutants, the better it is for everyone.

Yep. Hell, its 2017 and FOX is still scared of putting any character but Deadpool in their actual costume. They still act ashamed of the source material, with Fant4stic being the biggest example. Its an antiquated attitude, and that attitude was the big reason we very rarely got good superhero productions in live action before the early 2000s.

6. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now that Disney owns everything they can make that Epic Crossover movie Patton Oswalt talked about in that episode of Parks and Recreation a few years ago.

7. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[SIZE=6]@kirk55555 given your posting style (repeat the same thing hundreds of times) and contrarian opinions, phrased as absolute fact in the most definitive, borderline offensive words possible, I have reached the conclusion that you are not being genuine, or participating in civil discussion any longer. [/SIZE]

8. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I remember how Snyder thought it was silly that Thor got movies made and that Ant-Man was just a "Flavor of the week".

Well, Thor took down the Justice League and Ant-Man clobbered Fant4stic...

9. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

That certainly stinks. However, I wonder how many jobs have been created by Netflix, Amazon, HBO and other streaming companies in recent years.

10. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

A shame, but given that Fox was selling regardless...this was going to happen no matter what.

kirk55555 and Ketrick like this.
  11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Civil War definitely was one of the first MCU films that left me going "Not worth it." Haven't regreted that decision.

ichab likes this.
  12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm never trolling, I always say my actual opinion, and I'm always trying to participate in civil discussion. I don't really care what you think, to be honest. I don't change my opinions because some people don't like opposing opinions.

13. crookeddy

People don't like arguments that sound like a broken record. Nor do they like intentionally inflammatory language.

14. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

@kirk55555 Your opinions aren't dismissed because they're "opposing"; they're dismissed because they're often contrary to factual reality.

fireproof78 likes this.
  15. crookeddy

That and their presentation.

16. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I’ve mixed feelings about this. Mostly about the MCU consequences, yeah, tad concerned about the consolidation of entertainment power, but I can always watch something else.

It’s not Disney’s fault that the DC movies were mush, or the fantastic four reboot more sleep inducing than temezepam. Disney is putting out half decent super hero movies with an interconnected and cohesive narrative. I like that, long may it continue, and the marvel characters belong together.

I look forward to wolverine, human torch and spidey joining forces against whoever. I look forward to seeing oscorp hardware turning up on Agents of Shield. But, I’ve come to enjoy the existing portrayals of some characters. Jackman is the wolverine, Fasbender’s magneto, Defoe is Osborne, even Evans’ torch.

I’m sure it will all work out. Now all we need now is hell boy, a crossover with DC, Deaths Head, and a licensed appearance of a mad man with a box.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Madwoman with a box, after next week.

18. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the DID make the first original one (and still the best) Star Wars film (and yes, I'm talking before Lucas bought it back tacked "Episode IV: A New Hope" onto it, and first re-edited small parts and decades later did the abomination of a re-master job to it - YMMV ;))

19. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I say! :eek:

I’ll get me coat.

Was thinking more along the lines of a reimagined seventh to align with the comics.

20. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

A friend of mine sums up pretty well how samey the Marvel Studios movies are, and Civil War is a pretty big offender. A movie that supposedly changes everything ... yet it has a few characters act like absolute idiots in order to set up the two big set pieces, a "big consequence" in the form of Rhodes taking a dive is erased at the end because he's got Magic Stark RoboLegs, and the movie ends with Cap telling Stark, "hey I tried to kill you but we still cool, k? thx bro"

Gepard and fireproof78 like this.