Four Doctors Battle the Cybermen in Titan's New Crossover

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Apr 19, 2016.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I used to voice the opinion the Time Lords were more interesting in their absence, and while there is a degree of truth to that statement, I'm not sure how much I meant it since when I got into classic Who the Time Lord centered stories were the ones I gravitated to first. Indeed, the first classic era story I watched was The Deadly Assassin.

Still, I don't really know what the Time Lords can really contribute to modern Who. There's really not much more you can do with them, they're corrupt bureaucratic douchebags, and while that can be fun to watch occasionally, there are more interesting aspects to the Who mythos. Then again, the first half of Hell Bent with all its Gallifrey drama was more interesting than the rest of the episode. Of course, the rest of Hell Bent was just the Doctor and Clara delivering monologues to each other, so there's not much of a competition there.

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i feel the same way. right now i'm only reading the 9th and 3rd Doctor books and the Cybermen mini.

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The final issue came out this week.

Wow, that was pointless. Of course it ends with a reset button.

In more interesting news, the twelfth Doctor is running around with Julie d'Aubigny, one of history's greatest badasses, in his book. She would be interesting as a long-term companion, but I expect she's only here for a storyline or two.

4. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Agreed. What a letdown.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Just a quick note to mention how much I enjoyed the twist in the 3rd issue of the Third Doctor series. I was expecting our surprise guest to be a Zygon or other shapeshifter, rather than...

...Ramon Salamander. Although, the "how" of it escapes me.

DarthPipes likes this.
  6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

That twist was absolutely awesome. It works so well for the Third Doctor era too.

Turtletrekker likes this.