Found this BSG Blog about Laura Roslin

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gingerbread Demon, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Well specifically a blog about Laura Roslin

Some people just really get riled up even with a fictional TV character. Sure she wasn't one of my favourites and I would have rather she had turned out to be some secret Cylon but she is what she is and she really rankles my feathers but I don't think I'd have raised my voice this publicly about her character.

Just found the blog amusing in a twisted way.

https://youknowumsayin.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/fuck-you-laura-roslin/

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Good grief.

3. Gingerbread Demon

IKR... Some of those comments

4. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess the blogger really enjoyed the final episode.

5. Gingerbread Demon

I thought it was sad..... I don't like Roslin but I couldn't work myself into that much hate about a fictional character. The final episode I did feel sad when she died.

6. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

But then you did. ;)

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Okie dokie! Moderator

Hey, really, thank you for posting that. I was worried that I was running a little low on my daily recommended intake of misogyny. But now I figure I'm probably good through the end of the month.

8. Gingerbread Demon

I don't like Roslin but I wouldn't have created a wordpress about her alone just for that purpose. There's quite a few BSG characters I have grown to not like.

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Wow, that person has amazingly little understanding of the show he is watching.

Sounds like he has a prescription in his head for the template of a good program, and judges the merits of the program entirely on how well it meets that template.

Laura Roslin doubts her actions all the time, just she's in a position where she can't project those doubts to anyone except her closest circle.

And 'Driven by external threats'? Give me a break, the show is about the internal thought process, balancing practicality with moral philosophy and questions such as human identity when mankind is pushed to its breaking point by an external threat.

10. Mattadd

Mattadd Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I completely understand this blog. I agree with the fact that I can't think of a single character on any other show that is one of the main protagonists that I hate more than Roslin. Though not because she's poorly written, or acted, in fact she was portrayed perfectly, she's just evil. Sure not an overtly Cain-esque evil, but evil nonetheless in an arrogant, tyrannical, power corrupts kind of way.

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Urkel.

12. Gingerbread Demon

Urkel would make you want to think of retroactive abortion.

Mind you the actor is totally different out of that role, but it became a bit of a lead weight on his career.