First trailer for 'Scoob'

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Shaka Zulu, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Finally, and long after every other animation studio did this, Warners has made a Disney/Pixar-like version of Scooby-Doo, and I'm stoked for it. The characters look like they usually do, but in CGI, and they (to me) look amazing, especially my favorite gal Velma.

Galileo7 and Amaris like this.
  2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm in. ♥

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Vice Admiral Premium Member

Trailer looks like a lot of fun, it could be a great movie.

Qonundrum, Galileo7 and Shaka Zulu like this.
  4. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It looks like a better take on their origins than several earlier versions. If it has a good story, and doesn't mess with the premise, I'm in.

Shaka Zulu and Qonundrum like this.
  5. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it's not like those ghastly live action movies that-- *cough* not going there. This prequel "Scooby Doo as pup but not in a Scrappy sort of way" actually looks like a nice family-friendly affair considering its "origins" story focus.

Granted, 1:05 onward gets way too schmaltzy for my tastes but I do not believe I'm the target demographic (Generation AA or whatever it's going to be called) and there aren't too many hard sci-fi genre geeks out there anymore anyway... there's more to the trailer that actually looks solid than one little saccharine moment, and didn't "The Brady Bunch" get similar "too saccharine" reviews back in 1970? The only constant is change.

Disclaimer: I was hoping it was a typo and they were going to do a "Skroob" movie as a sequel to Spaceballs, but that's not going to happen. :(

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This looks like a lot of fun. I like Scooby's name coming from Scooby Snacks, I always wondered about that.
    I just checked out the Wikipedia page and along with the Scooby Gang this is also going to have a whole bunch of other Hanna Barbera characters in it. Tracy Morgan is voicing Captain Caveman, Ken Jeong is voicing Dynomutt, Kiersey Clemens is voicing Dee Dee Sykes from Captain Caveman and the Teen Agnes, Mark Whalberg is voicing Blue Falcon, who is specifically mentioned in the trailer, and Jason Isaacs is voicing Dick Dastardly.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  7. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

8. FormerLurker

This makes much more sense than the other way around. I wonder if they'll explain the snack's name, i.e. was it named for Frank Sinatra's scatting in the song Strangers in the Night, or for something else?

9. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

More like what DC Comics did with the H-B characters recently, which was this.

10. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Just watched it with the kids today and it was a lot of fun. They really enjoyed it. I noticed several HB easter eggs but I'm sure I missed most of them.

11. FormerLurker

I'm friends with an inactive member here named Woulfe. He said he's seen it twice now, and noticed different/more stuff each time. Still have to see it myself.

12. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched it and didn't like it. I thought the voice acting was pretty rough and the pacing was all over the place.

13. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to seeing the movie.

14. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't this a franchise that has been done to death without any real change to the formula?

Some might make the same comment about Star Trek, but there has been several different iterations of it. Scooby Doo has always been the four kids and the dog solving a lame mystery.

It's not something I'm going to spend time on.

15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

Sometimes it's just been Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy. Sometimes it was just Shaggy, Scooby, Scrappy and Daphne. Then there was Shaggy, Scooby, Scrappy, Daphne, Flim Flam and Vincent Van Ghoul. Be careful what you ask for. :)