First look at Klingons in 'Star Trek: Discovery'?

Re-imaging is changing the look inside the same universe like TMP, reboot is meant to cut ties with the original.

However, like TMP, TNG, the new movies, this series, we need a new word that means both. As that's what each one has been, the intention behind it if not the execution anyway.

This is something new, rooted in the original timelime in only the most superficial way.

Oh man, how hilarious would it be if these "Klingons" turned out to be a new alien species.

My favorite version of the Klingons, thus far.
I adored the makeup, the helmets and the way they made them into genuinely scary seeming warriors instead of angry buffoons. I wasn't so keen on the costumes as I'm over leather armour, it's overused on genre stuff. Seemed quite generic.
Really interested to see how they do them in Discovery. I suspect the 'touchstone' comment re: The Undiscovered Country suggests we may be looking forward to political Klingons, Shakespeare quotes optional.

That's actually the thing I find most striking about this - that someone would breach an NDA under their own name, and that a "friend" would compound that foolishness by spreading the breach further without even covering up the name.
Yeah........with friends like that........

Honestly, just the fact that Fuller made a comment that DSC was in the prime timeline and took place ten years before TOS was really rather stupid. All that did was make a small percentage of trufans happy and gave them unrealistic expectations that the show was going to look exactly like "The Cage," with silly '60's felt uniforms, beehive hairdos and Klingons that look like humans with oily skin and go-go boots.

Speaking as your defined minority group...I didn't think it was going to look like the cage, and hoped it wouldn't.

Robert fletcher's original Klingon uniform design for sttmp. Their look was meant to seem reptilian. Amazing how similar they are to the new ones. Also no hair.

https://archive.org/details/starlog_magazine-033

For those who don't want to go digging

RfYLmad.png

So many people mention how Fuller stated this was a prime-verse series, so are now angry to see the look of the Klingons being changed. Yet these same people are making absolutely no mention of the fact that Fuller also categorically stated that the aesthetics of Trek would be reimagined. He told us to expect what we've seen in the leaked photo, yet so many seem surprised?

So the Klingons look different? Thank
God. I want my new Trek to look like it was produced in 2017, not 1966 or the 1990's. Yes it was nice that ENT went out of its way to explain the original make up change, but it wasn't necessary and I'll 100% accept these new guys as what a Klingon looks like, if that's what the show asks of me.

It's the story that matters, not matching up make up and set designs. The latter is a nice touch, but not important, and the fact that anyone here is complaining about it confirms that there's just too much damn negativity on the internet these days.

I can't say I'm crazy about these new designs but they do seem to fit with the aesthetic of the ship designs we've seen so far.

Back