First look at Klingons in 'Star Trek: Discovery'?

JacksonArcher

Vice Admiral
Admiral
My friend on Facebook posted the below picture. He's currently working on the set for Star Trek: Discovery, although something tells me not for very much longer. It appears to be our first real look at Klingons from the show.

16665046_10158251258875154_4807908560672580865_o.jpg

I'm honestly not sure how I feel. They seem a bit slender with outward appearances more resembling facehuggers than Klingons. It's an odd design, but maybe they'll look better in motion?

The spine going all the way down the back of the head looks similar to the TMP Klingons. I'm not digging the bald look, maybe they're waiting on wigs and other hair appliances?

They do kind of look like TMP Klingons. Before Enterprise, there was fan speculation that Smoothies and Knuckleheads were different Klingon ethnic groups, so maybe that's what they're doing with the Ridgies.

Now, that looks pretty good. Not 100% convinced those are Klingons, could be another new alien race. But still, looks like good make-up and costume work right there.

Sadly, it's probably gonna cause a shitstorm in the fanboyworld.

Now, that looks pretty good. Not 100% convinced those are Klingons, could be another new alien race. But still, looks like good make-up and costume work right there.

Sadly, it's probably gonna cause a shitstorm in the fanboyworld.

Around a dozen of them - could be they're the Klingon crew. The dude in the Louis XIV boots, tail-jacket and skirt(?) appears to have hair so maybe the rest are waiting for hairpieces

:-|

The spine going all the way down the back of the head looks similar to the TMP Klingons. I'm not digging the bald look, maybe they're waiting on wigs and other hair appliances?
If they were supposed to have hair the actors wouldn't have full head pieces.

I don't care if they redesign the klingons, continuity in alien design isn't really something Star Trek followed, TMP redesigned the klingons, TNG redesigned the romulans and DS9 redesigned the trill.

I actually prefer this look to the old one, it looks more alien.

If they were supposed to have hair the actors wouldn't have full head pieces.

The Klingon from Into Darkness who took his helmet off was supposed to have hair but the wig kept coming off with the helmet so they nixed it. He also had a full headpiece.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new look. I just think it would look better with hair.

The Klingon from Into Darkness who took his helmet off was supposed to have hair but the wig kept coming off with the helmet so they nixed it.
Whether or not that is true, they didn't just yank off the wig and keep shooting. The make-up was designed, applied, and shot without a hairpiece.

My friend on Facebook posted the below picture. He's currently working on the set for Star Trek: Discovery, although something tells me not for very much longer. It appears to be our first real look at Klingons from the show.

16665046_10158251258875154_4807908560672580865_o.jpg

I'm honestly not sure how I feel. They seem a bit slender with outward appearances more resembling facehuggers than Klingons. It's an odd design, but maybe they'll look better in motion?
Klingons or a totally different race I can't tell. Pretty cool though thanks for posting!

But...but...they said this show was supposed to take place in the Prime universe? ;)
Actually, do we even know if it still takes place in the Prime-universe? It was Fuller's decision and he's now gone so who's to say which universe it's set in?

Back