First bluray details

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by RAMA, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Tommunist

Tommunist Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Steelbook looks great, however, I will be getting the Amazon exclusive set. While I don't have 4K yet, its on the radar, and I do have a 3D TV, and I like ship models!
    The Walmart set: tempting, but Eaglemoss will be doing these ships at some point as well, so no need for these cup-toppers.
    Target: damn you, exclusive bonus disc! This may be a double dip for me!

2. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The interchangeable character art one is pretty cool. That's what they did for the 50th anniversary Doctor Who set. :techman:

3. RedAlert

RedAlert Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think that every movie could have a release theatre edition (shorter, like a single 7" mix on music) and (in order to increase the whole world sales) and home special edition (extended) to the home buyers. It could be great, but I know that is a matter of money costs..... anyway, I would love to see that.

Lance likes this.
  4. Hippocrates Noah

Hippocrates Noah Commander Red Shirt

Is the Franklin model that comes with the Amazon version actually part of the packaging (like the discs go inside the model) or is it just a model that comes in the box? If it's just a model I'll probably just with the steelbook. I have a handful of those Best Buy steelbooks (Star Wars: TFA, Dr. Strangelove, Spaceballs, Anchorman 1 & 2, etc) and they're pretty nice plus I like that TMP-inspired artwork others mentioned.

5. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

They haven't actually announced the Beyond Enterprise, just Franklin and the Swarm ship.

It's a separate model, part of QMx's new line of 5-6 inch long ships.

6. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Plus, in Canada at least, the eaglemoss models will likely cost around $14 grand.

Our dollar sucks.

7. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

8. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

A friendly reminder -- nobody is being forced to purchase the first release of what will inevitably be re-released later with more/better features.

BillJ likes this.
  9. wayoung

Interesting, Walmart Canada sold out of its pre-order special edition. Not available again until Nov. 1.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I just want the movie on disc. Anything else is gravy.

Karzak likes this.
  11. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

You're part of the problem, Bill!

;)

(seriously though. no film special features have been able to compare to the wealth there was on the Lord Of The Rings set. compared to that a disc of an hour or two of "bonuses" is...well, not much.)

12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I try to watch commentaries. I start watching, get into the movie, then get pissed someone is talking over it and turn the commentary off. :lol:

13. wayoung

If anyone is interested, my local cineplex was still selling the models tonight (not a good sign...) so on my way out from Mag 7 I bought an Enterprise (I had to describe the ship, the person working cash didn't know which one was the Enterprise :brickwall:). Here's a quick pic. They're pretty cheap things, I wouldn't spend the money on the pre order for them. Better to wait until Christmas and get the combo pack for $9 instead of $30 for these.

They are $3 each in theatre. I only bought the E.

[​IMG]

14. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Walmart's pretty bad about restocking their exclusives, once they're gone they are usually gone.

15. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welp, looks like I'm waiting for the inevitable re-release. That's a shame.

Indeed. Paramount just doesn't seem to learn (or maybe we're the ones who need to learn ;)).

16. Karzak

Karzak Commodore Commodore

Oh, it's definitely us that need to learn. :lol:

Shalashaska likes this.