FINAL POLL - January Challenge: Multiverse Madness

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ptrope, Feb 1, 2011.

?

Which is the maddest multiversal masterpiece?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2011.
  1. Elias Vaughn

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Kaiser

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Klaus

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. largo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. mari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. MLJames

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Ptrope

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  8. S3CTION31

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

"Space, the final frontier. These ... are the voyages ... of Babylon ... Five ...!" (MST3K: The Movie, with apologies to Mike & the 'bots ... )

It's When Worlds Collide, or possibly When Harry Met Sally - for this month's challenge, Dac wanted to see what happened when spacecraft from other sci-fi franchises were interpreted through the eyes of Star Trek. What if the Millennium Falcon had come from the drawing boards of Starfleet's Corps of Engineers? What if the Raiders launched from Klingon bays, not Cylon? And it seems he struck a chord ...

So stack up your DVD sets, swap the discs all around into other cases, and cast your vote for Multiverse Madness! The winning crossover will then cross over to make the February challenge :bolian:

====

Elias Vaughn
    [​IMG]

----

Kaiser
    [​IMG]

----

Klaus
    [​IMG]

----

largo
    [​IMG]

----

mari
    [​IMG]

----

MLJames
    [​IMG]

----

Ptrope
    [​IMG]

----

S3CT1ON31

[​IMG]

====

One vote per member - poll closes 2-3-11. Now mix it up! :D

2. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

Curse my tight schedule this january, or I would've competed - that being said, I couldn't -not- vote for Ulysses 31. Such a catchy theme tune, too...

3. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Where's Herkimer Kitty's submission?

4. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I didn't receive an entry from Herkimer Jitty, and the image in his thread didn't appear to be a final work. The (admittedly informal) rules state that entries should be e-mailed to me by midnight to be included, although I do make an effort to look through the threads - I can't always determine whether a posted image is one the member might intend to enter as the final, though.

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Aww that sucks. His Normandy was amazing. Ah well.

6. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Voted for KLaus - just because I've always loved the Interceptors ;). Too bad that Starfleet couldn't find a way to make them capable of more than one shot, though ... :D

7. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

I tried to balance that by making it a warp nacelle -- it could do incredible damage just as a kinetic weapon. :D

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congrats on winning the Jan 2011 Art contest Ptrope :) :techman:

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I haven't won anything yet - there's still plenty of time for voting :bolian:

10. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

yes, once my minions all place their votes for me and my USS Tardis, I will...
    what? they're where? with ladders?
    nevermind. :)

11. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:
    If we could have voted for more than one, I would have voted for you, largo!

12. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Congrats, Grand Poohbah! What's in store for us?

13. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Thanks, Klaus, and thanks to everyone who voted - not just for me, but for all the entrants :bolian:. We had a nice variety, and some unfamiliar participants - I had to giggle at mari's entry, especially, which was just wicked :D. And Elias Vaughn's 'FirePrise' was really cool and nicely done. MLJames probably desrves some credit for my performance, too, since I had thought about doing the Hawk, but I know mine wouldn't have looked as good, so I had to come up with something from scratch at the last minute :eek:.

Thanks to all the participants - definitely, the more the merrier :). I hope I can drum up at least as much interest, and I promise to post the new challenge by tomorrow; at the moment, I'm mulling over a couple ideas, but I'm not quite set on one, yet.