Feline Follies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alienesse, Feb 18, 2012.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Awwwww ..... dinner in bed.

2. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Had an old girlfriend who would run her fingers through my hair. I probably looked a lot like this cat.
    [​IMG]

ThankQ, KimMH, tharpdevenport and 7 others like this.
  3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since it's National Cat Day, here's another.
    [​IMG]

KimMH, tharpdevenport, think and 6 others like this.
  4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Finished work early today and got to spend time with the neighborhood feral cat--we call him "Brown Kitty." I always thought he was someone's pet but apparently not. He's been around for years and he has decided that our porch is the place to be, because it's safe and quiet. I now give him water & food twice a day--sometimes 3 times, with the dry I food I bought for Junior. It's high-protein dry food that costs about 20 dollars a bag. Hubby doesn't like that I give Brown Kitty the expensive food but after seeing that Brown Kitty can't eat the larger pieces of the cheap stuff, he felt sorry for him and stopped complaining.

I would like to make Brown Kitty our cat and bring him inside but Hubby says "No." Brown Kitty looks like he's crawling with fleas and always looks ill. He's afraid he'll bring fleas into the house and also infect Junior. Plus, we can't afford more vet bills. I have tried to coax Brown Kitty inside but he won't have it; he'd rather sleep under our bushes. He's been roaming our neighborhood for 8-10 years so he must have somewhere safe when it gets cold...but I'm going to put our old crate outside, with some blankets in it, and over it , after Halloween is over.

Our psycho HOA has forbidden that, but if I tuck it behind the bushes, no one will be able to see it.

6. think

think About it! Premium Member

7. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Catnip?

Duckling attack!!!

8. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What was it Londo said in Babylon Five, trying to quote a human expression, "Nibbled to death by ducks..."?

9. Ar-Pharazon

Very close ;)

Avro Arrow, KimMH, Sgt_G and 4 others like this.
  10. Redfern

Well, poo! I knew I was somehow botching the exchange. Londo meant to say "...by ducks", but Virr offered the wrong word and Londo blindly accepted it.

KimMH, Ar-Pharazon and think like this.
  11. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

Wonderful show and both Londo and Vir were great characters!

Avro Arrow, think and Gary Mitchell like this.
  12. Ar-Pharazon

I was thinking you put "ducks" in purposely based on the gif. Or possibly Vir had a defective see-n-say™.

StarCruiser likes this.
  13. Nenya

Nenya Commander Red Shirt

How many of you watch Kitten Academy on YouTube?

Sibyl and think like this.
  14. Redfern

This and the "doggies" thread have got to be the nicest ones on this site! Everybody posting is so uplifting and encouraging of others, even if they don't personally have a pet to present.:beer:

ThankQ, KimMH, StarCruiser and 3 others like this.
  15. think

Idk what is the link? Or what should I search ?

Mmmm. Ok. That’s a live feed of all sorts of kittens wow,..

Thanks ,,

KimMH and Sibyl like this.
  16. Nenya

My mistake, I should've included a link.

think likes this.
  17. Redfern

What an age in which to live, security camera type feeds which potentially millions of people can readily access to watch kittens "live" as they play, eat, sleep and, uh... Well, hopefully no cameras are trained upon the litter trays. :ack:

KimMH and think like this.
  18. Nenya

Did I just introduce someone new to KA?

KimMH, Gary Mitchell and think like this.
  19. Redfern

I've encountered live "pet streaming" channels before; I just wanted to note how the technology has advanced to the point we can afford to set aside processing power and bandwidth for something so innocently entertaining. I mean, imagine if someone 30 or even just 20 years ago proposed using the hardware in this fashion, most people would have stared at this individual in disbelief. "What?! You think we could ever afford the resources to show 'curtain scratchers' licking themselves and pooping 24 by 7?! Are you insane?! We could never afford to use this technology so frivolously! Besides, who could afford the tools to watch it?!" Yet, here we are.

Please, please don't think I object! I just find it amusing how circumstances have led to this point. Frankly, I'm still amazed at the notion the "average Joe" can now engage in video phone calls. The idea had been suggested as early as the turn of the 19th to 20th centuries, and I heard it pondered as a child of the 60s and 70s, all to no avail. I had pretty much "written it off" as something ultimately impractical. Yet, again, here we are, video conferencing...with wireless, mobile devices no less. Just as technology overwhelmed my grandmother, I guess I'm reaching that point when even I am reacting with, "DAYUM!!! What will they achieve next week, let alone next year?!"

KimMH, think and Nenya like this.
  20. think

to me this is kinda new === although my youtube channel is in live stream mode lots when I play games or ... just doing music new with improvised sound work.. :) what is KA I bet if even I searched KA I could not tell you that meaning..

searching:
    some kinda Egyptian noun.. mmmm OK not the reference I figure you mean ... :)

fresh look and edit

duh think.. Kitten Academy hehe OK NP that works... ---

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    KimMH likes this.