Federation Civil War

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XFozzboute, May 22, 2011.

1. XFozzboute

XFozzboute Captain In Memoriam

Instead of doing a bunch of threads I'll just drop all my civil war ships, like the U.S.S. Soval and Claymore and everything else here.
    Introducing the Pug Class.
    I don’t normaly do thumbnails but I was messing around and came up with this. I wanted to do a small ship but not runabout small. This will be about 235 meters long.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Cool! So, are these civil war ships (the politest combatants around) or civil war ships? hehe.

Also, your small ship reminds me of one I worked on last year (and never finished of course):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. exiledpiasa

exiledpiasa Ensign Red Shirt

that looks good. wish i was that computer savy. all of my stuff is kit bashes.

somebuddyX likes this.
  4. sojourner

Download Sketchup and start playing with it. It's free and fairly easy to learn.

5. XFozzboute

Well I've never heard of an uncivil warship.

UPDATE...
    I forgot to add this last time so here it is. The last of the texture for the command deck. I have to fix a few things but they are done then I can move onto the bridge socket.
    [​IMG]
    Starting to work out the shapes for the warp engines and my scale dudes are back once again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just thought I’d pop in the Bajoran Intercepter and the Claymore for scale.
    [​IMG]

6. sojourner

Wow, the Claymore is smaller than I thought.

7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Reminds me of a refit of the "Raven" class ship from Voyager.

8. XFozzboute

Yeah my idea for the Claymore was more of a floating duck blind.

Don't even remember that ship but then again I've blocked all memory of Voyager out of my brain.
    Voyager. Voyager. What is Voyager?:guffaw:

9. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Oh man up.

[​IMG]

Ok, maybe not identical, but it is a similar configuration.

10. XFozzboute

Ouch that's ugly. Just looks like a large runabout but that's really all I was thinking about with my ship as well. I might even shrink mine down a little more.

11. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Should we assume that you've got a "fiction" in which this is set? Or is it more of a "game environment" and not necessarily related to any storytelling per-se?

12. XFozzboute

I've got a very basic idea for a story. But right now just focusing on ship ideas.

13. Cary L. Brown

Okay... nevermindthen...

I ask because I did my own story pitch... and some interest was shown (enough that there is still, theoretically at least, an option to use it, obviously not without my approval though!). It was a "civil war" storyline... which I first came up with in a conversation on this very BBS (the thread is long-since pruned, though, so the only copy exists on my hard drive as far as I know!). A seven-year "arc" story set post-TNG, and playing with ideas of "nanny-state fascism" and the pitfalls of artificial intelligence and the transporter. A few of you may remember it... ;)

14. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You don't have the only copy. I figured it was too good to lose to pruning.

15. XFozzboute

My idea takes place maybe a decade or two after Nemesis and involves section 31 and the aliens from the episode Conspiracy.

16. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Now the warp engines are coming together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Haveing a tough time coming up with Bussard textures but I always have trouble there.
    [​IMG]

17. Cary L. Brown

Mine... same general timeframe, but a much more.. unusual... plot idea. But one which shares a few basics with yours...

I think we all agree... the "conventional mustachio-twirling-bad-guy" is no fun. I had hopes that JJTrek would have done a decent villain... Nero seemed like an interesting idea, but ended up barely even 2-dimensional. Khan was only interesting because he was a noble, tragic figure, not just a "twirly-baddie."

So... you've picked up on a thread done in Conspiracy... "what if you can't tell who's who." This is a common element to mine as well... but the force behind it is completely different (and would come as a huge shock to the audience when it was finally revealed, in the final season). See, the "evil alien bugs" is still a bit 2-dimensional.

For me, having a "villain" (only in the most loose sense) who really thinks that he is doing something GOOD... while doing utterly evil things... is much more interesting. AND, by the way, much more relevant to the real world we're living in.

Not being critical... just explaining why I went in a different direction. I've got a story treatment... complete with cast descriptions, a ship concept (and yes, the ship isn't guaranteed to make it all the way through the series, nor are all of the cast members guaranteed to make it through either). I'm a HUGE fan of the level of change, and of REVELATION, which was seen in, say, Babylon 5.

I want a story that literally changes everything... and in this case, in some ways "reverts" the Star Trek universe to a less technologically-obsessive time and focuses much more on the "natural, humanity-oriented" side of things. Star Trek was originally very humanity-centered (and I'm including all the alien races in "humanity"... we just don't have another term for that, do we?) With TMP, we deviated massively from that, however... and that's the biggest critique of ST-TMP - that it was almost antiseptically "anti-human" in many ways. And then with early TNG, Roddenberry fell back into the "let's pretend humans can be perfected" thing AGAIN. And it took several years for the show to recover from that, and while TNG mostly did recover, Trek as a whole became much less "human" in feel over the years.

This is the one "positive" I can throw out about JJTrek... and mind you, I don't think it was successful... but at least he TRIED to make the characters more "identifiably human." He just turned characters I'd always been able to identify with into characters I don't know, and don't necessarily want to know, and absolutely can't identify with. Like with everything else in that flick, he focused on contemporary music and cars and booze and so forth... he focused the trappings, not the core elements.

18. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Not to turn this into a JJverse thread, but, focused on contemporary music and beer? Aside from one music track on a personal music player and one "Budweiser Classic" to keep the sponsors happy, I can't think of another example of either.

Having said that, I've wanted to see something done with the Conspiracy aliens/bugs since they first showed up. So, no matter how long it takes (you've been at this for a while haven't you XFozzboute? :p ) I'm looking forward to what you come up with.

19. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I personally think that if/when the Conspiracy bugs return for another round, they will find it much more difficult to infiltrate Starfleet, the Federation government, or Section 31, because after the first time, and the Changling threat during the Dominion War, Starfleet will probably have come up with ways to better sniff them out, and if certain people start acting suspicious, well they may check. I wouldn't be surprise if they invented ways of dealing with the parasites (such as beaming them out of the infected individual, similar to how they beamed Gou'lds from those they latched onto), in case they ever returned.

I see it more likely that they will try to infiltrate less secure populations, such as distant colonies, and get them to do their bidding. War eventually breaks out with the bugs, and the issue is how does Starfleet deal with this issue? Do they treat them like any enemy, and destroy their ships, the bugs, and their hosts along with them? Or do they attempt to disable the bug's ships, try to rescue the victims from their captors, possibly at the risk of giving the bugs a chance to gain an upper hand? At which point should Starfleet be willing to allow collateral damage, and risk destroying the bugs along with those who they infected?

20. XFozzboute

UPDATE...
    Added more detail to the warp engine. Given the size of the ship I don’t think I’ll be adding too much more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here’s a scale shot with the Enterprise. first thing I discovered is the ship is much larger than I thought. It’s about the same size as the Soval and Pierce. So I shrunk the ship down to about 127m. I like this better.
    [​IMG]