Contest: VOTE February Art Challenge - Vote for Your Theme!

VOTE for THREE!!! Vote for THREE!!!

• Transporter Malfunctions

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • The Menagerie

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • The More Things Change

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Blueprints

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Not Good Enough

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I Could Do Better

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I Like the Old Stuff Better than the New Stuff

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Body by Brand Name

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The New Next Generation

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Specific show theme

• This is Me/Us

• Beginnings

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Where My Heart Is, Beyond Antares

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 80s Animated Mash!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starscape

Commodore
Premium Member
Time to vote for your choice of Themes for February's Challenge. You have until the poll closes on the 1st February to vote for your THREE favourites.

Please feel free to vote whether you intend to create an entry or not, we want to generate as much interest and participation as possible. And let us know how you've voted below and why: what piques your interest about each theme, what you think we might see. You never know, your thoughts could just be the spark that lights someone's imagination and leads to a new piece of Star Trek Art.

We have fourteen themes suggested by BBS members for you to choose from and you can vote for THREE!!!

Details for each theme are as follows:

Transporter Malfunctions
Duplicates, amalgamations and transmogrifications. Oh my!

The Menagerie
We hear about Berengarian dragons, and Andorian bulls, and Orion wing-slugs, and Terrelian seapods and the like, but didn't get to see them. What do they look like? How big are they? What kind of environment do they live in? Will they eat you?!?

The More Things Change
Time may move at warp speed, but not everything does. Show us how something Trek has changed over the years - landscapes, buildings, ships, people, beliefs.

Blueprints

Arguably the most important manifestation of fan art going back to Franz Joseph and how the popularity of his works proved the ongoing popularity of the canceled series. Taking that as inspiration create your own set of blueprints for anything in Star Trek be it a starship, starbase, technology, bridge layout, etc.

Not Good Enough
Art inspired by unpopular episodes.

I Could Do Better
Don't like the latest redesign of the Enterprise? Fine. Show us what you would have done.

I Like the Old Stuff Better than the New Stuff
Art inspired by Star Trek programmes made in the 20th century.

Body by Brand Name
Since certain iconic brands are bound to survive or be revived in the future, what would a starship/uniform/base, pretty much anything, look like if it was built or designed by a particular company? Not limited to products or types of products the company makes. So what about a starship designed by Tiffany/Swarovski? A tricorder from Blackberry?

The New Next Generation
Show what would follow your favorite incarnation of Star Trek.

Specific show theme
Maybe this can carry for much of 2023... do this in cooperation with one of the boards (like TNG, or DS9) , where they pin the contest there as well, and allow for cross/duplicate posting on that board (to allow for bigger interest in the contest). (Post below and tell us your preferred show)

This is Me/Us
Insert yourself in some kind of art...whether a photoshop, hand drawing, or costume photo...something where you show yourself (or a friend/relative).

Beginnings

A New Year is here so taking inspiration from that show us some Trek Art related to new Beginnings. It could be inspired by something from the start of your favourite series or show us the beginning of a new mission, the introduction of a new character, ship or family member.

Where My Heart Is, Beyond Antares (nice! using a lyric)
How do characters/species show their love for each other? Friends, parents and kids, true loves...anything you want.

80s Animated Mash!
A mash-up of a classic (or obscure) 1980s animation with the 80s Star Trek crew/show/movie of your choice - 2280s TOS Movies or 2380s Lower Decks and Prodigy. (And there's always the Short Trek "Children of Mars", snippets from DS9: "The Visitor" and PIC, amongst other bits & bobs.)

Remember you can vote for THREE.

Thanks for voting and have fun! :bolian:

The poll is now closed, thanks for voting everyone. I can now announce the winning Theme for February's Challenge is:

I Like the Old Stuff Better than the New Stuff
Art inspired by Star Trek programmes made in the 20th century.

So, we're going Old School with art from the TOS-TNG-DS9-VOY eras. ENT is, technically, 21st Century, but I think there'd be a good case for including it in with the "Old Stuff", if anyone wanted to go that way.

Have Fun! :bolian:

That was quite a close one! I must admit, I was hoping that @Laura Cynthia Chambers' "Where My Heart Is, Beyond Antares" was going to win, but I'm happy with the result - I'll probably go with something from TSFS or DS9 :)

Back