Favourite VOY story arc

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by FederationHistorian, Jul 8, 2020.

?

Favourite VOY story arc?

1. Voyager vs The Kazon

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Future’s End

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Borg vs Species 8472

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. The Hirogen’s Hunt

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  5. Encounters with the Borg & the Borg Queen

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  6. Q Civil War/The Q Continuum

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. Year of Hell

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  8. Equinox

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  9. Barclay’s Pathfinder Project

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  10. Workforce

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  11. Fair Haven

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commander Red Shirt

Hey everyone! I’m doing a poll on what everyone’s favourite story arcs are in various Star Trek series.

Story arcs qualify if they are two-parters, three-parters, multi-episodes, and non-consecutive.

This poll will be looking at VOY story arcs. Multiple votes are allowed.

Vote and discuss your choices.

2. Akillaprise

Akillaprise Vice Admiral Moderator

While they may have gone to the Borg well a bit too often I did enjoy the Queen arcs. Year of Hell should have been half a season long. I've got a soft spot for Q too. :lol:

FederationHistorian likes this.
  3. Admiral Jean-Luc Picard

Admiral Jean-Luc Picard Commander Red Shirt

Two-parters aren't story arcs, they're two-parters. To me, a story arc means several episodes or something that comes and goes. Q's three episodes, you could call that an arc since each one built on the previous.

4. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I always liked and still like the Kazon arc.

It happened during the best seasons of Voyager and I find the Kazon good enemies. Especially the episodes with Seska and Culluh were great.

Not to mention "Future's End". I'm not that fond of time-traveling episodes but this one was great and it had the best villain of all in Voyager, Mr. Henry Starling!

As for "Year Of Hell", I'm not too fond of that one. Something important who should have been there is missing.

5. darrenjl

darrenjl Lieutenant Red Shirt

The earlier storylines that bubbled away in the background I enjoy more now looking back; the reveal of Seska was great, but also the flushing out of Michael Jonas being introduced with Tom Paris's continuing unprofessionalism being dropped into several episodes to build up the storyline.

I wish there had been more moments like this later on in the series; the Voyager Conspiracy for example could have had Seven going 'undercover' asking pertinent questions in the run up to the big reveal episode, or small scenes inserted that resulted in the episode 'Repression' with Tuvok having strange behavioural moments leading up the episode.

6. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I voted for these three. Can't really separate them...the Hirogen and 8472 had overlap (which was excellent imho) and anything having to do with Seven is top of the heap for me.

Borg vs Species 8472
    The Hirogen’s Hunt
    Encounters with the Borg & the Borg Queen

7. Athena28

Athena28 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. LastCaress1972

LastCaress1972 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Voted for:
    1. Encounters with the Borg and the Borg Queen
    2. Year of Hell
    3. Future's End

The numerous run-ins with the borg were all handled well, and Seven of Nine is one of the greatest characters in the franchise. I'm not sure I'd necessarily consider Year of Hell or Future's End to be arcs as such but I see why you're including them for the sake of these polls and, well, they were both a lot of fun, so I voted for them anyway. Really wanted to vote for Species 8472 but VOY really flubbed the arc for that species at the last minute, imho.