Favourite VOY story arc

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by FederationHistorian, Jul 8, 2020.

?

Favourite VOY story arc?

1. Voyager vs The Kazon

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Future’s End

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Borg vs Species 8472

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. The Hirogen’s Hunt

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  5. Encounters with the Borg & the Borg Queen

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  6. Q Civil War/The Q Continuum

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. Year of Hell

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  8. Equinox

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Barclay’s Pathfinder Project

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  10. Workforce

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  11. Fair Haven

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Hey everyone! I’m doing a poll on what everyone’s favourite story arcs are in various Star Trek series.

Story arcs qualify if they are two-parters, three-parters, multi-episodes, and non-consecutive.

This poll will be looking at VOY story arcs. Multiple votes are allowed.

Vote and discuss your choices.

2. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

While they may have gone to the Borg well a bit too often I did enjoy the Queen arcs. Year of Hell should have been half a season long. I've got a soft spot for Q too. :lol:

FederationHistorian likes this.
  3. Admiral Jean-Luc Picard

Admiral Jean-Luc Picard Commander Red Shirt

Two-parters aren't story arcs, they're two-parters. To me, a story arc means several episodes or something that comes and goes. Q's three episodes, you could call that an arc since each one built on the previous.

4. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

I always liked and still like the Kazon arc.

It happened during the best seasons of Voyager and I find the Kazon good enemies. Especially the episodes with Seska and Culluh were great.

Not to mention "Future's End". I'm not that fond of time-traveling episodes but this one was great and it had the best villain of all in Voyager, Mr. Henry Starling!

As for "Year Of Hell", I'm not too fond of that one. Something important who should have been there is missing.

5. darrenjl

darrenjl Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The earlier storylines that bubbled away in the background I enjoy more now looking back; the reveal of Seska was great, but also the flushing out of Michael Jonas being introduced with Tom Paris's continuing unprofessionalism being dropped into several episodes to build up the storyline.

I wish there had been more moments like this later on in the series; the Voyager Conspiracy for example could have had Seven going 'undercover' asking pertinent questions in the run up to the big reveal episode, or small scenes inserted that resulted in the episode 'Repression' with Tuvok having strange behavioural moments leading up the episode.

6. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

I voted for these three. Can't really separate them...the Hirogen and 8472 had overlap (which was excellent imho) and anything having to do with Seven is top of the heap for me.

Borg vs Species 8472
    The Hirogen’s Hunt
    Encounters with the Borg & the Borg Queen

7. Athena28

Athena28 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Year of Hell.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  8. LastCaress1972

LastCaress1972 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Voted for:
    1. Encounters with the Borg and the Borg Queen
    2. Year of Hell
    3. Future's End

The numerous run-ins with the borg were all handled well, and Seven of Nine is one of the greatest characters in the franchise. I'm not sure I'd necessarily consider Year of Hell or Future's End to be arcs as such but I see why you're including them for the sake of these polls and, well, they were both a lot of fun, so I voted for them anyway. Really wanted to vote for Species 8472 but VOY really flubbed the arc for that species at the last minute, imho.

Athena28 and FederationHistorian like this.
  9. FederationHistorian

FederationHistorian Commodore Commodore

Future’s End, Borg vs Species 8472, Hirogen Hunt, Year of Hell, Equinox, & Q were the best to me.

10. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I've not seen all of Voyager, let alone recently, but, on instinct, I gotta vote for the Barclay arc. :D

11. Caoimhin

Caoimhin Cadet Newbie

Technically a non-consecutive two-parter, I found Demon/Course: Oblivion very moving.

The latter episode was stronger and carried the emotional punch, but Demon set up the mini arc in a way that teased there being more story to tell.

Farscape One and Athena28 like this.
  12. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I would consider the Borg kids to be a separate arc from the usual encounters with the Borg Queen.

Future's End absolutely is an arc because it had the two-parter and the third part was in a later season when Seven temporarily joined the crew of the Relativity to find the device their rogue Captain planted on the ship in revenge for what happened during the previous two-part episode.

And so help me, I liked Fair Haven. It was fun, and not as eye-rollingly stupid as Janeway's governess program, nor as obnoxious as Sandrine's.

13. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

I like the arc where Harry Kim, grass-green academy puppy "at ease before you sprain sonething" ensign arrives on the ship. Shunted into the thankless behind the scenes lower deck life of a new ensign, he distinguishes himself with his brains and determination. He catches his captain's eye more than once. A commendation follows, then a promotion to lieutenant JG and a spot at Janeway's senior officers table. By the time the series ends, Lieutenant Harry Kim is a seasoned, competent, confident young spacefarer with a bright future ahead of him, and almost unrecognizable as the newbie he was in "Caretaker".

Great story arc.

Too bad it never happened.

Timewalker likes this.