favourite breakfast

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Agony_Boothb, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's breakfast time for me and the combination of being hungry and being on the trekbbs has me wondering what is your favourite breakfast.

For me it's got to be either a bacon sandwich or pancakes with a lots of bacon or my special scrambled eggs with lots of bacon and sausage. As you have probably gathered, i love bacon. The guy who invented it needs to get the nobel prize for awesomeness.

Unfortunatly this morning i have no bacon or sausage or eggs or pancakes, so it's cereal for me and possibly some toast.

over to you.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I like breakfast food for dinner. It's too much work to make it in the morning, and I'm not awake enough.

My ideal breakfast is hotdogs.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

If I have to make it, then I just want fast and simple; I am NOT a morning person. Cereal, toast, etc. work fine for me.

However, if someone ELSE is making it, or we're going out for breakfast, then I'd order French Toast with cinnamon and powdered sugar. YUM! Belgian waffles are mighty nice, too. :techman:

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The correct answer is the full English.

5. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Red Bull/Black Coffee and a smoke.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just imagined you mixing Red Bull and coffee and nearly vomited.

7. Winged Victory

Winged Victory Captain Captain

Eggs Benedict...I make a pathetic Hollandaise sauce, so I usually order this if it's on the menu. The runnier the eggs, the better!

8. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

The perfect breakfast would be a butter croissant with egg and mayo, 2 or 3 blueberry silver dollar pancakes with REAL maple syrup, two pieces of bacon (in the syrup), two pieces of turkey bacon (NOT in the syrup), 2 pieces of ham sausage, a small bowl of baby green lima beans with small pieces of country ham cooked in, a glass of low acid orange juice, and a pecan twirl and a mocha-mint stinger (a strong latte with a shot each of chocolate, caramel, and peppermint) to carry to the car on the way to where I'm going that day.

Any breakfast that contains a significant portion of that will work just fine, any day. :)

Of course, cold pizza works pretty well, too. :bolian:

9. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

We did this tonight, actually. Breakfast sandwiches (good at any time of day): Fried eggs with melted cheese on top, bacon and HP sauce, all on an English muffin. Yum.

10. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I love a traditional Bengali breakfast of luchi and aloo tarkari. I don't know how to describe it. Oh wait, links.

Aloo Tarkari
    Luchi

I've never really liked eating American breakfasts, but if I do, I like oatmeal, or an english muffin usually. If my husband drags me out for breakfast, I'll have syrup with a side of pancakes.

11. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

In order:

1) Full English. Impossible to order out in the States so I have to make it myself.
    2) Steak and eggs with hash browns, toast and a blueberry muffin.
    3) Country ham and eggs with potato pancakes.
    4) Biscuits and gravy along with buttered grits with salt and pepper.
    5) A big pitcher of Bloody Marys, the Sunday paper and a nap.

12. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Pancakes with either maple syrup or raspberry jam.

During the week, most days I'd have a bowl of cereal and sometimes a glass of fruit juice.

13. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I love scrambled eggs, bacon, and two pieces of toast with a tall glass of milk.

Unfortunately, since making this every day is impractical, (and I can't seem to make bacon right), I typically have the tall glass of milk and 2 pieces of toast. Unless my girlfriend feels like cooking in the morning (usually a Sunday thing only), then I get the bacon.

14. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

A huge breakfast burrito W/ sausage, eggs, hash browns, cheese, and completely smothered in green chile. Or a plate of papas from Weck's.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  15. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, toast, orange juice or milk, and coronary. In that order.

Usually I don't have time for all that though.

16. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I always feel ill in the morning, so I go with a soy tea latte -- it's easy on the tummy.

17. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Italian espresso and a brioche.

Sometimes during the weekend if I want to pander myself I will eat milk and cereals, a slice of cake, coffee and maybe an orange juice. I could not even think about having eggs, bacon or sausages for breakfast. That is dinner.

18. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Either Pancakes or biscuits and gravy. The pancakes must be served with bacon or sausage patties. Biscuits and gravy must have some form of deep fried potatoes.

And a large Glass of milk either way. Maybe some coffee with a bit of Baileys mixed in.

I also really like donuts. I like Jelly best, but also like cake donuts and apple fritters.

19. ChaosAngel

ChaosAngel Commander Red Shirt

In a cardboard box, drinking black coffee
    I love food so its kinda hard to give just one- leftover pizza or braai(kinda like bbq but less charrd), scrambld eggs with bacon, sausage or palony mixed in and cheese on top or, what im havin this morning, toast with pb and j. all breakfasts are with coffee ofcourse :p

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Fried egg sandwich with fried baloney on white bread with some Tabasco.

Cornbeef hash with a fried egg on top and hashed potatos.

Saw this one on TV and am dying to try it:

blueberry pancakes with a hint of ricotta cheese mixed in the batter, maple syrup.