Poll Favorite DSC characters (as of S01E05)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by TonyaLang_SB118, Oct 18, 2017.

?

Favorite DSC character?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2017.
  1. Lorca

36.8%
  2. Burnham

19.5%
  3. Saru

16.1%
  4. Tilly

24.1%
  5. Stamets

35.6%
  6. Culber

3.4%
  7. Mudd

1.1%
  8. Tyler

2.3%
  9. Voq

1.1%
  10. L'Rell

2.3%
  11. Georgiou

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As of now, Captain Lorca and Lt. Paul Stamets. That's not to say I dislike any of the others, I just think they're the most interesting. Lorca is almost tied with Commander Saru, and if there had been a third option, I would have chosen Saru.

Agony_Boothb and Mirror Mirror like this.
  2. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

If Sarek had been on the list he'd be winning by an AU just because of all his past appearances and backstory.

3. Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror Commodore Commodore

Stamets, followed by Lorca and Saru.

4. Trajet

Trajet Commander Red Shirt

Saru is my least favourite character. He's shown to be simultaneously petty in how he deals with Burnham, and arrogant or insecure in how he deals with everyone else. Tilly's better suited to command a starship than he is.

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Saru is growing on me now that he has realised he was the problem not Burnham.

Liked Lorca from the start as Context is for Kings, Stamets has improved a lot as well, the pressure is off now that they know they can use human navigators, of course they don't realise that there will probably be a price to pay.

Tilly is cool and Burnham is ok as she finally seems to be finding her footing.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I picked Burnham and Saru, because I really like their prickly relationship, in which mutual respect, distrust, and competitiveness are tangled up together.

7. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dr. Culber. He belongs in Star Trek. Brilliant doctor. Kind. Sure of himself. Slightly sarcastic. Reminds me of a doctor who once served on a space station.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saru is a tool.

9. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any poll that doesn't have Tilly collecting atleast 95% of the vote is wrong and should be closed :thumbdown:

10. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Favour ite. Oh man, who do I favour out of this lot, lol.

I felt sorry for Ripper so as bizarre as that sounds the Tardigrade evoked a compassion response.
    Georgiou actually seemed decent.
    I guess neither of those count.

Lorca is not a hero, not admirable and not especially likeable, but he has presence.
    Michael needs to up her game she's getting over shadowed.

11. Succubint

Succubint Captain Captain

This was really hard. I love a lot of the characters for different reasons. Even today, I am pondering my choices. I went with Stamets and Burnham. But Lorca, Tilly and Saru are all just as cool and interesting to me.

Burnham, I think, has a lot of potential. I am enjoying her journey of self-discovery. She really lost herself in the first tow episodes. I find her struggle to reconcile her traditional Vulcan upbringing with her more impetuous human nature, and obvious emotional flashpoints regarding the two Klingon attacks when she was a child, pretty compelling, even though it can mean she comes across as stiff, weird, too closed off. I think it makes sense with what she's gone through. I can see the makings of a fine future captain within her, but it will take some time to grow into that and let go of the defensive wall she set up in accepting the roles of 'mutineer' and 'pariah'. I'm rooting for her to bond even further with the crew and rediscover her joy of science, of exploration, and her commitment to bettering herself through a more thorough understanding of Starfleet/Federation principles.

Stamets very quickly grew on me. I actually liked his abrasive humor because I could tell there was more to him than just the cranky 'go away' part of his persona. I love that he's principled and not at all happy with his scientific research being coopted into a war effort. Not everyone agrees, but I like the way his dialogue is written; it's distinctive and full of personality. His quip about wanting to converse with his mushrooms was fantastic. It showed a more whimsical side to him. That acerbic wit, which when delivered with a lighter touch can also be quite warm. He and Culber have an adorable rapport. And lastly, it really impressed me that he listened to Michael and decided to risk his own life to spare Ripper another torturous jump. He seems to be a pretty stand up guy.

12. Feron

Feron Commander Red Shirt

While there are a number of great characters, Lorca is definitely my favorite. It is such a breath of fresh air to have a pragmatic wartime captain instead of an armchair moralizer.

That isn't to say that most of the others do not have their great qualities.

If the poll were which one would I rather have for a next-door neighbor, it would be Dr. Culber. He seems to be just a genuinely nice and caring person all around.

I'd certainly still like Lorca as a neighbor, but more as one that makes me feel safer because he would deal with dangerous situations if any arose.

Tilly is sweet, but sometimes annoying.

Stamets really got on my nerves at the beginning, but when push came to shove he finally did act heroic and for that he should be lauded.

Burnhall is still trying to work her way through the various traumas that she has been through, IMHO.

I like Saru overall, but between him and Lorca I still like Lorca better. With more experience, Saru could move up in my estimation.

Gonzo, Kor and jespah like this.
  13. Gibberish

Gibberish Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Lorca is my favorite so far, easily.

Second would have to be Stamets, who I wasn’t sold on at first but has grown on me quickly.

Third would be Culber/Saru. After that... :shrug:

Feron likes this.
  14. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Tilly and Stamets are my favorites with Lorca a close third

15. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

I went with Lorca and Stamets - jerks on a starship! What a concept - people acting like, you know, actual people!

Lorca is driven but also suffering from survivor guilt.

And Stamets will freak out if you move his cheese.

16. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

So far Stamets has been so snippy with everyone. But he seems to be warming up a little, especially when it comes to the camaraderie of working on bizarro science experiments together.

Kor

Feron likes this.
  17. Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror Commodore Commodore

She is Keyla Detmer and she is human. She was on the Shenzhou and got injured, the implant is clearly because of that injury. Likely she also lost the eye as it seems a diff color in some scenes.

jespah and Feron like this.
  18. Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs

Burning Hearts of Qo'nOs Commodore Commodore

I can't help but be delighted whenever Tilly is on screen, so I voted for her.

Burnham and Saru as a pair, I also enjoy. Lorca is pretty damn badass too.

I really hated Stamets at first, but in all honestly I'm becoming enamored by episode 5!

19. Succubint

Succubint Captain Captain

This apt description made me chuckle out loud. Kudos!

Gonzo and jespah like this.
  20. Daisyjayne

Daisyjayne Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

My fave is Stamets, I don’t like Saru