Fantastic Four reboot?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Norrin Radd, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

There are certain laws in this universe and one is that Fox can't make a good movie.

In fact, they love to fuck movies up the ass.

It's just a fact. Everyone knows this. You can't argue it.

Even when they start a movie fresh with a cool director, and everybody's optimistic, and the fans are loving it...

...they proceed to ass fuck the living shit out of it.

They...just...can't...help...themselves.

So, anyway, here are new rumours of an FF reboot...retooled? Yeah right. I'll believe it after I see the fucking movie and not one minute before, because this company has not earned the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6457&Itemid=99

2. Small White Car

Small White Car Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. I'm shocked the first two made that much money.

I thought the real problem with the films was that nobody really cares about FF. (What's next? The Wonder Twins?)

But with those numbers, apparently SOMEONE cares, so I wish them luck with a new one!

3. No Jessica Alba??? No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater :)

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

FOX will need a good director and some good actors. Good luck on that.

5. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So far the only good FOX superhero film has been X-2. That's all.

As far as rebooting FF, why didn't they consider this before they made FF2? I think now the odds of this happening are low. At least when The Hulk was rebooted there was only one film in the original 'series' that failed. A 'Daredevil' reboot would work in the same way because there was no sequel (unless you count 'Elektra', which I doubt many would).

6. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

no matter what happens, the general public will still asscoaite it with the first two movies, sure we fanboys may knows its a reboot but no one else will care.

7. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Honestly, they really weren't that badly written as some superhero movies. Just badly cast for the most part. Sure Abla is a bad actress, but Sue is a bland character so it really didn't bother me. Mr. Fantastic was a very forgettable performance, but he didn't do anything bad there either. Chris Evans was very fun as Johnny and Vick Mackey was great as The Thing(bad makeup aside). What made them bad was the choices of villians. Or rather, what they did with the villians. Doctor Doom was an awful Lex Luthor clone and Galactus as a cloud was unforgivable.

8. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No kidding! It will be hard to get someone hotter than Alba to sign on for this!

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

How about Scarlett Johansson? And they don't even need to dye her hair. With her onboard, could they get Ryan Reynolds too?

10. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those are good ideas, actually.

Who would make a decent Dr. Doom though?

11. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I think they should Vader him. Get a big guy to dress in the armor, then have a classically trained actor do his voice.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm just glad I won't have to refer to the next actor playing Doctor Doom as "That guy from Nip/Tuck"! Hopefully they won't go the Norman Osborn lite route this time. :p

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Personally, I quite enjoyed the two movies they made. Yes, they were lightweight but I did not mind that. Not every superhero movie has to be some Dark Knight-style misery (don't get me wrong, The Dark Knight was last year's best film for me).

The Fantastic Four aren't the right group for that sort of movie. I like the fact that they made movies for a family audience.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Finally. Maybe now we can get Rachel McAdams as Sue.

It's too bad they can't keep Chiklis and Evans. They were great.

15. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They should forget about redoing the origin and skip right to the part where Sue becomes a dominatrix.

16. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The two movies failed because of bad villian syndrome. The guy playing Doom sucked and was completely unbelievable as someone who could take on the entire FF. You replace him with a strong character and suddenly the entire movie changes in tone and becomes darker. Even his voice was wrong for the part. I didnt mind the quasi Ultimate Universe origin for them and felt Chiklis and Evans were perfect casting.

17. whospi

whospi Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

personally i liked both films, the second one was far more enjoying than many bloated 'epics' that came out the same year like pirates 3 and spiderman3

plus i love the fact that in the middle of this popcorn movie they start making political points about extraordinary rendition and torture

jessica alba was terribl though, nice to look at but terrible!

18. Gojirob

Gojirob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

During one of the 9,000 or so FX showings of the movies, I envisioned Toby's Spidey facing down Julian's Doom and Toby complaining that he quips more often than the web-head!

Hopefully, this version of Doom doesn't come back as often as he did on Charmed.

19. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I agree. they were fun.

20. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I'm fairly sure the motivation behind this is to do a "Fantastic Four Begins," but if they go that route, the stakes should be higher (like an invasion from space or from the Negative Zone). No Doctor Doom trying to take over the world (hopefully in big style) until the second movie, IMO...