Fallout New Vegas PS3 or 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jax, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I plan to buy Fallout New Vegas this week since its now £9.99 brand new from Play.com and I was wondering which platform is the game better on? I LOVED Fallout 3 (GOTY) and had it on the 360 but by then it had undergone several patches and I hear anyway that New Vegas is just not as stable as Fallout 3 though I hope patches have helped.

I hear different things about the game on each platform and I would prefer to get it on the PS3 because I would like to start buying some games for it since I brought it as I can't trust my 360 really (reading disc issues in past) and the PS3 HDD would help A LOT with the DLC.

Is the PS3 version stable? or full of frame rate issues among other bugs as I found out recently with AC: Brotherhood when compared to the 360 version.

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

The game suffers from various issues on all systems, the PS3, 360 and PC, the more stable would be the 360 version, but dont expect a bug free game on any system.

Bethesda really should get a kick up the backside for the state in which they have released these games.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Obsidian Entertainment made the game not a Bethesda studio though I guess as publisher and owner of the franchise they still bare the brunt of some of the bugs as they obviously released the game early.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. XwarlokX

XwarlokX Lieutenant Red Shirt

I have the game on my ps3, and have noticed some complete system freezes with it. Granted it doesn't happen all the time, but it will drop the frame rate like mad after awhile.

Fallout 3 did the same thing, just without the total system freezes.

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

That and the fact since Fallout 3 was pretty smooth on my 360 I will go with the same version for NV. DLC for my HDD is going to be a bitch though with limited space until I get round to buying the new slim model.

6. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have it on PS3 and it crashes quite a bit, great game though

7. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

given the state of psn and the actions from sony, i'd say go 360, there's still 2 dlc's and I think the next one comes with a huge patch

8. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

It may not be an option but the only problems I had with the game on PC were the usual Gamebryo engine (Oblivion, Fallout 3) issues which were mostly weird, amusing glitches. Other than that the game ran fine.