F1 2017 (or Motorsports in general)

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by arch101, Mar 9, 2017.

1. KyleRaynous

KyleRaynous Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Still, it was more than good. Battles all over the pack and even one for the lead. There's no need to have action 100% of the time like Texas to have a great race...

The race at Baku proves you only need a good track with clear overtaking places to make things work. A pity that Hamilton wasn't penalized for his crazy maneuvers in the restart (thus, they only encourage him to continue doing them), although Vettel's childish reaction was even worse.

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Erm, it was Vettel that was the crazy one as leader, Lewis gets to set the pace during a restart.

3. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

Anyone else finding that the racing seasons start to get a bit dull now? I mean, championship races are exciting, but, after LeMans, all the "big" event races have been run for the year and championships are all that's left. (except, maybe, Petit LeMans). Anyone else feel this way?

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well we aren't even half way through the F1 World Championship and whilst it hasn't been a great season it's had a few half decent races.

5. arch101

I tuned into the last 10 laps of the Brickyard. Which is to say I tuned in for the last two hours of the Brickyard. WHAT a painful process it was to end that race. Can't believe the TV rating it got compared to the Indy 500, which had so much more action, passes and competition.
    At least the new Champ Cars look good. We finally have CART cars back next year.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well looks like Ferrari had a weekendforget in Singapore with both cars crashing out at the first corner (the first time in their F1 history when they have entered two cars into a race neither car has made it the end of the first lap)

arch101 likes this.
  7. arch101

^^ As a Lewis fan, I can't say I'm disappointed at how things turned out.
    Loved seeing Jeff Gordon and Niki Lauda together in the Merc garage.