F. R. I. E. N. D. S

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jetfire, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I got the FRIENDS box-set, love the show despite it's flaws, anyone still enjoy this show?

Favorite character; Phoebe.

JF

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it the first few times, but for those of us in the UK it's been repeated so many times we're starting to get more than a little fed up with it.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I love Friends, whether I should or not.

I never really watch it anymore, nor would I spend money on the DVDs, but if there's nothing else on I'll definitely sit through some Friends.

Just tonight I watched the first two episodes of Season...um...right after Monica and Chandler get married and we find out Rachel is pregnant. It was fun.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Not a fan.

5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I liked it, for a few seasons at least. I really thought it got boring after a while though, like they just had the same plots elements and character names thrown in to a bag, shook up and then wrote a story that fit whatever order they came out in.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It was awesome in its first few seasons, then started to get a little stale.

7. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

I've more or less used it up. Really enjoyed it but have seen it through and through too many times. It can still make me laugh out loud occasionally though.

Just this evening: Chandler and Joey, having left Ross's infant son Ben on the bus, go to Human Services to claim him, but can't figure out if he's the baby wearing duck pajamas or the one wearing clown pajamas.

Joey: We'll flip a coin... heads for ducks because ducks have heads.

Chandler: (slow burn take) What kind of scary-ass clowns came to YOUR birthday party?!

8. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

QFT!

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Since when was the show's name an acronym?

;)

Love the show. Own the series on DVD.

10. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I agree with those, so goes for the stories about a friends reunion, make it, don't make it I don't mind to much either way, just stop the false gossip about it

11. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Oh God. Just read this and it had me laughing my ass off for a good half minute. :lol:

Love Friends but yeah, familiarity is breeding contempt with how much E4 is showing it.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the series, but go through phases of watching it. I have it all on DVD so avoid watching it on TV and then binge occasionally.

The characters and the banter are still funny. :D

13. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I am a fan too. Of course the show was written to cater to me and my generation. I got all the jokes and when the characters were going through something I either was or had experienced. When the show first premiered, I was spending a great deal of time sitting in a coffee shop and chatting endlessly about nothing. I also had friends that were worrying about careers, divorce and babies. It really struck home for me. Now when I watch it (on DVD of course) I get to relive some of the best times from my twenties. It's fun.

And I admit to that the last few season were a bit tired and over done. The characters, by that time, had gotten more and more over-the-top and my patience with some of them had grown very thin. By the last season I had this intense need to beat Ross to death with one of his stupid fossils just so I wouldn't have to hear him whine anymore. And Rachel... :klingon:

As for favorite characters, I loved Phoebe and Joey. I actually have friends just like both of them too! I also admit that I still have a huge crush on Chandler... minus the first season vests. (And since I am a little like Monica with my OCD and love for all things domestic, it might have worked out nicely. I am not at all competitive or needy though.)

14. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

I still catch it on tv once in a while...it really did have some classic tv moments :lol:

15. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm bored now with the show, but in its time I really enjoyed it. I have fond memories of it, but I didn't like the Monica/Chandler thing. In my opinion they all ended up with the wrong people! :lol:

16. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Probably my favorite show. Love it. Enjoy it whenever it's on, or when I throw on the DVD.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  17. Thespeckledkiwi

Thespeckledkiwi Vice Admiral

It was a good TV show but the repeats are killing it since they are everywhere. Kind of like the X-Files.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked it a lot, but I didn't stick with it every week through the years.

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

show? no no no this is for the espionage show

Field
    Reconnassiance
    Intelliengence
    Espionage
    National
    Defense
    Strategy

20. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the show and own all the DVDs. My boyfriend and I are actually going through the series again right now. I think the show ended at the perfect time; not too early or too late. Least favorite characters were definitely Phoebe and Joey. Favorites were Chandler and Ross.