Extended soundtrack for Into Darkness?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by USS Ername, Feb 27, 2014.

1. USS Ername

USS Ername Cadet Newbie

There will be a extended soundtrack?

I really like Giacchino's work, but I think the ost falls short. I missed some themes for Admiral Marcus, USS Vengeance or the Federation. They are in the movies, but, in the ost, the didn't appear.

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I haven't heard anything yet about an extended soundtrack, but there are people here who follow soundtrack news more closely than I do. Maybe Indysolo or someone else who's up-to-date on this can check in.

As I recall, there were similar complaints about the OST album for the 2009 movie, and enough noise was made about it that an extended soundtrack album was made available several months later. Limited issue, though - only four or five thousand copies were printed, and they went quickly.

3. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I have the extended 2009 sountrack, as I recall it wasn't announced until around April-May of 2010, so maybe we'll hear something soon.

4. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I'm still holding out and hoping for a STID expanded soundtrack. I've resisted picking up the current CD to avoid a needless double dip - as I did with the ST'09 releases. Nearly caved quite a few times though, as STID is the only Trek OST I don't own.

Either way, I really hope there's a formal announcement soon.

5. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Despite Varese releasing an expanded version of Trek09's score, that release was in and of itself a pretty mixed bag. A lot of issues that were mentioned in the original release like the missing chorus in the later tracks were not rectified for the new release. Even some of the editing choices were awkward in two tracks that were seperate both in the movie and in the original album now transition into each other instantaneously. The album was still ok, it just didn't felt like a rush job that Varese thought they could hide behind an awful packaging design.