Spoilers Explaining crew behaviour in "Temporal Edict"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by chrinFinity, Aug 21, 2020.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a whole freaking episode in "The Bonding" where people were not allowed to mourn. You know, except when they totally did!!!!!

Stay consistent, Star Trek, stay consistent.

Nerys Myk likes this.
  2. chrinFinity

chrinFinity Captain Captain

So I just thought I would pop back into this thread, and point out that as the season has progressed, it seems increasingly likely this theory is correct.

We even had episode 8, Veritas, where the entire theme of the episode was that the Lower Deckers never know all of the details of what's going on in the ship, or the reasons behind crazy events, because the senior officers never fully fill them in :)

Tim Thomason likes this.
  3. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

What I took away from Veritas is that the senior officers are so full of themselves and won't acknowledge the junior officers to the point they don't even recognize the junior officers. As reflected when Tendi was cleaning the briefing room and Ransom thought she was a member of his special ops team codenamed "Cleaner." Or Dr. T'Ana failing to realize she was talking to people who weren't even assigned to the Cerritos until she arrived on the bridge and didn't recognize the other senior officers.

BillJ likes this.
  4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Based on? I've seen nothing that makes your theory seem anymore likely now than it was then.

fireproof78 likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Wait, what? The senior officers being secretive towards the lower deckers makes your outlandish theory anymore likely? How so? :confused:

BillJ likes this.
  6. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As stated before: I love the premise that “strange stuff happens every week” and there are times when no one is aware of it! Like this episode.

chrinFinity likes this.