Explain The Origin Of Your Signature

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GemHaters, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do I even have anything for a signature? Tells ya how much I pay attention to my own posts. I guess I'll have to post and find out. ;)

Edit: Nope. Nuthin there. Will have to change that.

2. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Mine is based on the line from Trek 4. And I wanted to flesh it out a bit, so I added a Buckaroo Banzai reference and a joke from Futurama. They seemed to fit the same nature as the first. Mind blowingly obvious things to say...

3. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Calvin and Hobbes

4. comsol

comsol That Guy Premium Member

One of my favorite lines from my favorite Star Trek film.

5. infinix

infinix Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love astronomy and had wanted to be a theoretical physicist in my previous life. I'm fascinated with our attempts to resolve the mysteries of the universe.

6. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

I love dogs... and while not locking my S.O. in trunk, I did lock her in a closet to prove that point. She got pissed, the dog was happy and dancing and jumping around.

7. Tiberius

Of course, I would argue that it is because the dog doesn't understand that YOU are the one responsible for the confinement that it hated so much, and your significant other is!

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is why I'm always a little suspicious of guys that really really like dogs.

9. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

D'oh!

Thanks.

:p

10. Lumi

Lumi Captain Captain

My signature is now a line from a song; "Sing for Absolution" by Muse. It's a lyric that has a special meaning for me. Before I got back together with my (first ex-) boyfriend, I was having dreams of him every night. This particular verse made me think of him every time I heard it... and I listened a lot.

11. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Actually, “coin coin” in French sounds more like a duck than “quack quack.” Those French certainly know their ducks.

My signature, as most of us geeks will recognize, is the final line of Raymond Massey’s speech at the end of Things to Come (1936). I still share H.G. Wells’ faith in science and technology to create a better future for humanity, and believe that our ultimate destiny is to colonize “the planets about us, and at last out across immensity to the stars.”

There’s the problem in a nutshell — going to war when we’re not sure what the friggin’ question is.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  12. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

Please don't put me in that lump.

I'm not in the lump. Not my lump. I got a different lump.

Bad lump :(

13. ed629

ed629 Rear Admiral

And it was only about 30 seconds for her, and about 4-5 minutes for the dog. She didn't understand what my signature was saying, so I said come here, I'll show you. Opened the closet and told her to look in it, when she did I pushed her in and held the door. Then after I let her, and she calmed down I put the dog in and demonstrated how he would be happy to see me.

Even though she did get the point she still stayed mad for a while, until I offered her a treat which she laughed her ass off at even though she didn't want to.

14. Tiberius

We need a signature rating thread...

15. ThankQ

ThankQ Fleet Admiral Admiral

If only someone, anyone, here had the power, nay, the mere ability to begin new threads--threads with subjects of their own choosing...

Ah, but this is all crazy talk. Rambling on and on goes the Q, on and on rambling about nothing.

We can never be graced by such a glorious thread. That ability is beyond the grasp of even our best person for leaning way over and reaching out for things that are hard to reach without having to get on a chair or walk across the room or something like that.

Pity.

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

We need a sarcasm rating thread....

17. Tiberius

Done.

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?p=5726257#post5726257

18. JB2005

JB2005 Commodore Commodore

A shamless ad for my blog-cum-webcomic which I started when bored!

19. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would start it, but my sarcasm detector overloaded.

20. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Mine's a two part-er. The first is literally "off the wall" of most TGI Friday's. Saw it printed on their wallpaper and liked it. Don't know who it's originally attributed to. The second is WFT!?! as done by the military, the US Air Force in particular, via my step-son, a currently deployed Staff Sgt.

Q2