Ever have this dream? (giant bees)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Rÿcher, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Rÿcher

Rÿcher Fleet Captain

Last night was the second time in like a month I've had a dream about giant bees. They're not "giant" as in Godzilla giant but giant as in a bee the size of a seagull or similar.

They're more like honeybees or yellow jackets than bumblebees. They're not shiny and have obvious exoskeletons but they have a layer of fuzz on them like thick velvet.

I'm wandering around, doing my thing. I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing. Really - in my dream I'm not doing anything really, just walking around and I start seeing very large bees flying around. At first I'm frightened but I become more relaxed as I would be if they were normal sized.

I looked up "Bees" on Dreammoods.com and it says that they're a symbol of luck, harmony and bliss. Maybe for me in a big way :D

2. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Don't let them string you or else your insides will boil out of your eye sockets like a science fair volcano. ;-)

3. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Nope, I can't say that I've ever had a dream about giant bees. I must be taking the wrong stuff.

4. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I had a dream huge bees once. And Agatha Cristie was involved somehow, and there was this blue wooden box, and.......

.....wait, that wasn't a dream.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Does one of these bees bear any resemblance to John Belushi?

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I don't remember ever having a dream about giant bees, but I do occasionally have dreams about giant bugs. Usually they're coming up out of the drain in the sink or the bathtub. Not good. I'd rather dream about the nice, fuzzy giant bees.....

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never dreamed about bees. I doubt I could remember it anyway; I could not wax eloquent about it to my honey, with stinging wit. But it is interesting listening to the buzz about it.

"Mr. Borg...it's a drone."

8. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

This is about of true to life as newspaper horoscopes are.

Maybe the dream is related to an issue in your life, and it is reemerging as this issue is unresolved.

So they're tough little things

These obvious exoskeleton are representing invulnerability to you, or at least your own relative sense of vulnerability. The dream is showing you a strength that you see in others that you don't see in yourself. It is a manifestation of a feeling of weakness.

Your dream has no objective. You're not faced with any task. It is purely for emotional reflection.

So it's kind of like you're becoming accepting of your social status. There are people bigger and stronger, who might look down on you, and you might envy them, or even fear them. The dream is helping you to feel happy with what you have, to feel happy being who you are, and accepting yourself and society as is.

As a result of this dream, you may find yourself gain confidence, and from a social perspective, feeling and acting more like an equal. :)

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Not in my dreams, but there is always this giant bee near the dumpster.

10. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Abuse of Power Administrator

I can't say I've ever had such a dream, but this is one of my favorite thread titles in a while.

11. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Try to take control of your dream and attack them with a baseball bat.

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

+1 :guffaw:

I wore a tie with giant bees on it today. I think you dream-dressed me. :(

13. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored That's not... ahhhh... logical, man Moderator