Episodes/Movies You Have No Desire to Revisit...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by BillJ, Mar 30, 2013.

1. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TNG: Shades of Grey
    DS9: Melora, Rivals, One Little Ship, Hard Time, Far Beyond the Stars
    VOY: [Any episode that did not hinge on Seven or The Doctor being the central character of either A or B story]
    ENT: Terra Nova, Carpenter Street, Daedalus

I'd also like to add that I'm in complete agreement with BillJ's original post... I've always found Star Trek rewatchable because it provides a great sci-fi escape and I'm sure it was designed to be rewatched so that little details could be appreciated; Star Trek is certainly not the first to use this kind of reward system in entertainment, but it is certainly in part the reason why we all post here. :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS:
    “And the Children Shall Lead”
    “The Alternative Factor”
    “The Way to Eden”
    “Catspaw”
    “The Mark of Gideon”
    “The Empath”
    “The Return of the Archons”
    “Let That Be Your Last Battlefield”
    “Who Mourns for Adonis?”
    “Metamorphosis”

TNG:
    "Shades of Gray"

DS9:
    Forget the title, but the weird alamarane game one + "If Wishes Where Horses"

Voyager:
    "The Thaw"
    "The Fight"
    "Think Tank"

Enterprise:
    Can't remember, surely a few...

3. EnsignRedshirt

EnsignRedshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was going to say Insurrection, but having heard how funny the Frakes/Sirtis commentary is, I may have to pop the Blu Ray in soon.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno, I always thought the Alamarine one... "Move Along Home" was funny as a kid. Though yeah... now it's just silly at best.

Honestly the worst ep of DS9 season 1 to me was the Storyteller.

5. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I disagree. Bad pizza can be truly awful.

6. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace
    Profit and Lace

Can't believe this episode hasn't been mentioned more in this thread. It's the only one that I'm truly embarrassed to watch with any non-Star Trek person.

7. darthspangler

darthspangler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

TOS: "Mark of Gideon" - Just because the concept is so absurd. An overcrowded planet, yet they can build a full-size recreation of the Enterprise???

TNG: "Masks" and that awful one with Alexander and Troi's mom in the mudbath. The whole first season is also pretty hard to watch now. The whole concept of Starfleet being perfect and everybody getting along made for ham-fisted dialogue: "I'm with Starfleet. We don't lie." Ughhhh!!

DS9: Couldn't think of one until I saw the post about "Profit and Lace". Agree 100%. "The Storyteller" I think is the title of another one that bores me. 1st season episode where O'Brien has to tell a story to stop some cloud from attacking people on a planet.

8. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

The test of time is the test that doesn't lie.

1. "Let He Who Is Without Sin" -- Haven't watched it since 1996.

2. "And the Children Shall Lead" -- Seen it once. Ever.

3. "Threshold" -- Watched it in 1996. Watched it again in last year on Netflix out of morbid curiosity. Never again.

4. "When the Bough Breaks" -- Haven't seen this in over 20 years. No need to watch it again.

There are probably others that I should add to this list but I think I could bring myself to sit through them. These four, I'm never going to touch again. Of course "never say never" but, realistically, I doubt it.

The "never say never" is there in case I end up in a situation where I'm showing someone an entire series and they insist on watching every episode. Otherwise, it's not happening.

9. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Movie - Nemesis. I think anyone who has seen it would agree.

Voyager - "Fury" ... I was looking forward to seeing the return of Kes, but this episode ... ugh. Ms. Lein must have seriously needed the money after she read the script. That, or she signed up to do it before she read the script. Whichever it was, the episode stank out loud. When Voyager came out on DVD and I did a re-watch, that was the one I didn't watch. Haven't seen it since it aired originally, and don't plan to make the mistake of tuning in again. I'd rather watch a random episode of Enterprise than this crappy episode.

10. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    All of DS9, VOY and ENT.