Enteprise-D painting in Picard's ready room

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by SD70ACe, Jan 28, 2011.

1. KirkPicard

KirkPicard Captain Captain

2. TexasNightt

TexasNightt Lieutenant Red Shirt

It Is a very pretty picture. But does ayone know of the picture on the wall behind Alexander and Troi when Beverly comes out to tell her Worf died in Ethics? I found it on Trek core, but Diana wont move no matter how many times I ask her. It looks like the E-D and the E-A?

3. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Could you link to the screencap for those of us without perfect recall?

4. Sam McCord

Sam McCord Lieutenant Commander

^

The painting behind Deanna in that scene is I believe called "Technology Unchained"... I have seen it reprinted in an old retro SFX magazine I have somewhere, and I think there should be other images of it online somewhere, but IDK if it has ever been offered as a consumer print.

EDIT: I found it! It was painted by Andrew Probert.

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/3/3282/probert-33.jpg

5. TexasNightt

TexasNightt Lieutenant Red Shirt

Its even better than I imagined space ships with human organs. Thanks Sam McCord!
    Sorry I didn't put a link to the picture, but I'm lucky I spelt half the words correctly.

6. DoBa

DoBa Lieutenant Red Shirt

I want those golden model ships so I can smash them in a fit of rage. Or hold one and declare myself as Apollo.

7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

There was an entry on Probert's website about it.

Here it is.

8. Sam McCord

Sam McCord Lieutenant Commander

Ah, yes... that's where I saw it online! And you're quite welcome, TexasNightt!

9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yep. My penpal ordered me one, but the tube mailer got wet in the post. Along one edge of the poster, it carried a preview of the forthcoming Galoob action figures and playsets.

Somewhere here, I have a Polaroid photo of the framed original on the Ready Room set, as taken by Bjo Trimble for a 1989 charity auction item.