ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Top41, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Thang

Miss Thang Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^Welcome! I hope you'll post a lot. :)

One of my former professors moved to Wisconsin-Madison a few years ago, and she just raved about how much she liked Madison.

2. DataLore63

DataLore63 Captain Captain

Hello Miss Thang,

Thanks very much for the welcome. I am very glad that your professor enjoys Madison. If it wasn't so xxxxxx expensive, it would be perfect. Of course for you folks on the coasts our kevetchin' is pretty funny. On an actual topic note, perhaps you could recommend some Enterprise episodes that I should watch (Uh oh, should that be started as a seperate thread?) Aaack those newbies...... :)

3. Captain Al

Captain Al Commander Red Shirt

Guess I'll finally add my two cents too.

My real name is Allen, and I'm 33 and live in Covington, Kentucky, right across the river from Cincinnati. I am a freelance business copywriter (well, trying to be, anyway), and when I'm not drumming up business, and spending time on these boards prevents me from visiting other websites that tend to be damaging to my marriage! :) And I've been married to a wonderful woman for seven years, who did not like ST when I met her, and continues to dislike it, no matter how many times I ask her to watch ENT with me. They say opposites attract, and it's true.

In addition to freelancing, I am the author of the book The Cincinnati Subway, which tells the history of mass and rapid transit in Cincinnati, with a focus on the failed subway project. You can see the book on amazon.com and bn.com, and on my website. I am currently researching my next book about the speakeasies in Cincinnati during Prohibition. Sometimes I work on my horror novel, too.

I've been watching ST seriously since the early 1980s. I watched it in the 70s, but didn't understand what was going on. I was overjoyed to see TNG, but lost interest after the show became more of a soap opera in space.

I love TOS, the TOS movies, and ENT; I haven't watched DS9 or VOY very much, and couldn't ever get into them.

I also love the ST fanfilms: Exeter and NV are very well done, and Hidden Frontier still amazes me.

I enjoy nostalgia: I love music from the 1920s to the 1940s, especially big band swing and hot jazz from the 20s. I also have a jukebox from 1935 I play my records in. However, I love modern hard and alternative rock, and think 99X in Atlanta is one of the best stations in the country.

I'm formerly a radio broadcast engineer, and used to work for a pair of top ten stations in Cincinnati, til I got downsized a couple years ago.

I could go on and on, but this board only has so much space in it. :)

Captain Al
    www.allensedge.com

4. Zelig

Zelig Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well I've been arround for a while but decided to participate reciently. My real name is Gabriel and I'm from Spain where i have to tell you, is really hard to be a Star Trek fan since we haven't seen most of the series on TV nor there are plans to ever see them.

Right now we get them on dvd and though the Internet (thank god for the net).

We also run a star trek site in spanish so if any of you want to pactice your spanish skills with a little trek talk come to www.mundostartrek.com/foros we'll help you with your spanish tests. LOL.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi. My name is Autumn, and I'm 17. Yes, I'm young. I'm a student in Houston, Texas. I've been a trek fan since as long as I can remember. And I'm not exaggerating. I remember I used to watch it with my dad. He loved TNG and DS9. I love TNG, VOY, and ENT. I haven't seen all of DS9, but I loved what I saw.

6. Miss Thang

Miss Thang Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, starting a new thread wouldn't be a bad idea (newbies can still do that right? Or is that one of the new rules? :confused: Too lazy to go check, sorry.). That way you could get a variety of opinons. I'm partial to Reed and Tucker, so I'll always suggest "Shuttlepod One" right off the bat. ;)

Darn those expensive university towns. Still, they're awful fun to live in--well, some are. :)

mrstucker, if you're named for who I think you are, I must say you have excellent taste in men. :D If not, welcome anyway, and welcome all noobs. You've picked an, um, interesting time to join the fray. I mean forum. :p

7. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    My real name is Angie and I live in Chicago, Illinois. I'm a graphic designer who's got two part-time jobs right now, doing print for one company and web design for another.

I've been watching Star Trek since I was a little girl.
    I love TOS & TNG, and am an original Reed Rager (Need REED!).

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, since I registered, I guess I should get in at least one post, so...
    Been a Trek fan since TOS was new (so yeah, I'm old), love SF in general. Native NewYorker, traffic manager for a publishing company, currently owned by a cat - Luna, Queen of the Universe.
    I probably won't get to play here much, but thought I should join anyway.
    Slan,
    Cait

9. flcat

flcat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi, Scott here. 42. Studied film and television in school, make my living as a Graphic Desginer...go figure. Been a Trek fan since the beginning. Watched the TOS during its first run...fell in love with it when it became a syndication phenomenon. Liked TNG; could take or leave DS9; stopped watching VOY regularly after the first season. ENT has been rather so-so IMO, but it is much better than Voyager ( which I still think had the most intriguing concept and best first episode of any TREK series -- too bad the execution didn't match the concept).

Live in South Florida. Married for 22 years with 3 kids. I'm afraid I haven't been much of a role model for my oldest son, however...his fav sci-fi show is SG-1. ;)

I'm finishing up my first novel, Beyond the Far Frontier and have written seven motion picture scripts and a couple of pilot TV scripts -- non produced as of yet, but I plan to keep plugging!

10. PvtKtara

PvtKtara Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Zdrastvuyte, Sreda! Good to have you here!

Now, on to business....

My name is Steph, I'm 36, and I live in Denver, Colorado with my common-law husband, whom quite a few of you know as Captain Robert April if you've been on any of the other forums on TrekBBS. I met him online, and I moved out here to be with him almost 4 years ago. We both love Trek, although on alternating weeks either one or the other of us is usually having visions of going to Paramount and throwing B&B out on their butts ;). Seriously, though, while we do hve concerns about the way B&B are running things, it hasn't lessened our affection for Roddenberry's vision.

11. Captain Duende

Captain Duende Commander Red Shirt

I'm Duende, I'm 26 years old. I've been a fan since the early 80's when they showed Star Trek right after I got home from school. My father was big into Sci-Fi, and was always taking me to see Sci-Fi films, like Bladerunner, Buck Rodgers, Aliens, etc. at an early age. I've seen every Star Trek film in the threatres, except TMP. Anyway, I was hooked on Star Trek right away, and then got hooked on TNG when it premiered. I never missed an episode of TNG. I didn't get to see most of Voyager first run episodes, due to the Fact that Rochester, NY's (Where I was living at the time) UPN station wasn't on cable and the signal was too weak for me to pick up. I did see most of them on the local Fox station in reruns. When I moved back to NJ, I began watching Enterprise. (Saw the 2nd episode of it the night I got back, in fact.) I'm a sucker for merchandise (I've got a ton of Playmates crap, and more books than I care to count, about 400-500 of em I'd say. I've got so many that sometimes I've puchased multiple copies of used paperbacks because I'd forgotten I'd already read some of them. Don't have a lot of Voyager books.) I purcased Doug Drexler's "Trials and Tribbleations" crew shirt off ebay from David Gerrold during my really bad "Buy anything I see on Ebay" phase a couple years ago.

Besides Trek, I like music (Hardcore, Punk, Irish, Folk and lots of other stuff.) Baseball (a long suffering Phillies fan) and plenty of other stuff.

I've only recently gotten into the web community of Star Trek.

12. Printheth

Printheth Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi, I'm Printheth...I can't remember not liking Trek. I am less than six months from 30, am a merchandise manager for a department store and live in sunny Southern Cal. I am currently training for a marathon as my main hobbie right now.

My fave shows on TV now are Alias, 24, Gilmore Girls, Enterprise, Smallville, Angel, Friends, Joan of Arcadia, JAG, Trading Spaces, While you were Out and I try to watch Stargate. I am still celebrating the Patriots win, and mourning the summer until MNF is back on. My all time favorite show, the first show to get me to a message board is Farscape. In fact to "get" my handle you have to see a specific Farscape ep.

I read everything from scifi to romance to biographies to Vogue magazine. I love to analyze every minute detail, in depth and discuss it with people of different opinions.

Is that detailed enough?? :)

13. admiralelectron

admiralelectron Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay. I will declassified myself for your entertainment.

My screen name is Admiralelectron. My real name is Paul and I'm thirty nine (grasp!) years old. I am single (Take notes, ladies) and I am a devoted DS9 fan.

I haven't watch Enterprise since the first season but I may get into it if it start improving.

In RL I am a certified electronic technologist turned warehouse worker (Don't ask!). :( I enjoy writing scifi stories and watching Star Trek especially DS9. I believe I've already said that. :) My hobbies include reading, writing, and tinkering with electronic projects.

I love using smilies in my posts. I am quite sure you've noticed that throughout this board. Just read my responses. :D They are very expressive of my feelings. Maybe I may even come up with a customize smiley for Enterprise.

Stay tune.

14. Rebel

Rebel Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ssup everybody! I'm Rebel, my real name is Amin and I am 22 years old. I live in Baltimore, MD..my Dad's from VA, and my Mom is Morroccan. Anyone been there, it's beautifull! I attend UMBC and major in Criminal Justice, my hobbies include: martial-arts, music, script-writing, and getting to know people (via forum or not ;) ). I've been a ST fan since I was a kid, my favorite series is DS9, my favorite character is Ben Sisko, my favorite movie is First Contact, and I have big sexy cheecks ! :D

15. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Well hello everyone, i am brand new to this board, only about 20 or so posts so far, but i have to tell you i love it, a lot, as i'm sure any misunderstood Trek fan like myself does. I think it's great that we have something like this for us, and i thank whomever started this up.

My name is James, i am 25 years old and live in the most beautiful city of cities, Vancouver Canada. I work at an importing/exporting company in the shipping department. I have a funny feeling that the more posts i make, the less work i will get done, but it's in the name of Trek so i dont really mind, lol.

I got into Trek at a young age when TNG came out, i can actually remember "Encounter at Farpoint" and how lucky a son of a bitch that i thought Wesley Crusher was, but soon realised that being Wesley Crusher was more of a curse than anything, lol. My favorite series is DS9 without a doubt, but i love them all, even ENT, i think it's got HUGE potential, and i am a B&B hater, much like almost everyone else is on this board, much to my liking!

I also enjoy hockey (huge canucks fan, and an even bigger leafs hater) and soccer. And i am liking all the pics of members of the Final Fantasy games under people's names, love those games, they rule. I also like Red Dwarf, Family Guy, South Park, The Sopranos, and Curb Your Enthusiasm (and my guilty pleasure du jour is The OC). Musically, i mostly listen to punk, but really anything can get me going (save for mathematically pre-arranged pop), i'm currently listening to this 12 piece Cuban band and i dont even know their name! My free time usually consists of going to the bar with mates and having a great time that ususally invloves me losing my shirt. Anyways, so happy to be here and here's to many great Trek convos in the future, cheers. :D

16. Homer-2

Homer-2 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I haven't really posted much here since about a year and a half ago, but I stil lurk frequently. SO for what its worth:

I started posting as Homer, lost the password and created the Homer-2 SN. Its sort of my work nickname, I work at a company that gives everyone a nickname, oficially. My real name is Kevin, I am 26 and have been a Trek fan since I was about 7 or so when I watched TOS every saturday in syndication in the mid 80's. My like-minded friends and I actually used to play "Star Trek" when we were kids.

When I'm not watching Trek, I love Baseball, in particular the San Diego Padres, my hometown team. I also watch ER, CSI, re-runs of that 70's show and various animated shows.

At my previously mentioned place of employment, my job is about half web developer and half network engineer.

Ok, I can't think of anything else. Drop me a line! :)

17. voodoowoman

voodoowoman Commander Red Shirt

I am voodoowoman, psychic, Judeo/Christian witch, metaphysician, healer and high school teacher. I have been a fan expert since the seventies. I have been too sickened by the latest gothic Star Trek that its hard to comment. My goal is the elimination of Berman/Braga/Blalock from the Trek universe and Hollywood forever. Watching something good die a hideous death is never easy. Therefore their end will not be easy or pleasant......

18. slimer

slimer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi, my name is slimer. I like pizza and Peter Venkman.

19. Modaru

Modaru Lieutenant Red Shirt

Oh, why not..

I'm Paul, 30 years old. I was born in Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK, raised mostly in Canada, and have spent the past 4 years based out of Tokyo. I'm in the process of a move, but not sure where to.

I'm the author of 8 books, and a closet Trekkie :)

I got into Star Trek the same way I got into Star Wars - my dad. Started watching TOS re-runs in the late 70's, and when TNG arrived in '87 it became the show the whole family watched together.

I kinda drifted away from Trek until the 4th season of DS9, at which point I became a rabid fan again, even if I did miss a funky starship.

Voyager never really did it for me, I cringed at the writing most of the time.

Now I'm half-watching Enterprise. I've seen the last 3 or 4 episodes of season 3, and Twilight, which is one of my favorite Star Trek episodes of any kind. I think Jolene Blalock is on par with Leonard Nimoy as far as Vulcan portrayals go.

Thassit. I gotta go back to work, my editor has given me a harsh deadline, and I'm doing this to avoid writing.

Cheers!

20. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Alexander, 25 years old, from Israel. I'm watching Star Trek for smth like 8 years, when I started to see TNG and being a big sci-fi fan, I loved it immediately. I've also seen some of DS9 and Voyager but never liked it much. However I like Enterprise very much (isn't it some sort of perversion? :)) and season 3 is one of the best seasons ST ever produced, favorite episode so far is Twilight.

I'm also a big Babylon 5 fan, which I concider to be the best sci-fi series ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.