ENT actors' upcoming shows (TV, stage, film)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by JiNX-01, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For Scott Bakula fans in the UK. Scott is appearing in a play in London from September 22nd to 12th November called Terrible Advice by Saul Rubinek (Artie in Warehouse 13) at the Menier Chocolate Factory in London.

2. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, for the information.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I saw this on Saturday night. It was excellent and Scott was really good in it. I happened to be in London for family reasons and took my Dad, who hates Star Trek and sci-fi but he enjoyed it too and thought all the cast were great Bakula included.

Oh, female or gay Scott fans, he gets his shirt off in this. And by f*ck, he's in good shape!

4. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Star Runners on SciFi tonight at 2:00 AM EST. My Dish DVR list it as 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM. It will be interesting to see how My DVR reacts to the time change when recording.

5. Toolfriend

Toolfriend Ensign Red Shirt

6. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

Nevermore, an Evening with Edgar Allan Poe, starring Jeffrey Combs

January 19 2012
    6:15 PM
    Nashville Public Library proudly presents Nevermore, a one-man play starring Jeffrey Combs as Edgar Allan Poe. Jeffrey Combs has appeared in over 75 stage productions during his career and starred in over 50 films, including the cult-classic Re-Animator and The Frighteners. Combs television work includes three different recurring roles within Star Trek franchise. Director of Nevermore Stuart Gordon says, “Nevermore is our attempt to recreate the public recitals that Edgar Allan Poe presented during the last few years of his much-too-short life.” The play, written by Dennis Paoli, is set in 1848, a year after the death of Poe’s wife Virginia, and a just year before his own death in October 1849. Join us for a light reception before the play begins at 7:00 p.m. Please note, there will be no intermission during the performance. This event is sponsored by the Nashville Public Library Foundation

library is on church st between 7th and 6th

7. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

^^ Outstanding! Stuart Gordon and Jeff Combs reunited! You're going to attend, yes? You must tell us all about it!

ETA:

Here is a page at Jeff's website about Poe and the play. Jeff as Poe bears an uncanny resemblance!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  8. Delsaber

Delsaber Commodore Commodore

He had a couple of good hero moments in that first appearance. Also, I never knew his character was named. Given that and the state of SAMBEL after season 3, dude could've been elevated to president of that chapter as a result, for all we know. So maybe we'll see him return with a larger presence somewhere down the road.

...a British character in an Irish chapter of an American MC with IRA connections was a little odd, though. :lol:

9. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

hi there :)
    yes, right now i am planning to go.
    was hoping he would come here when i heard about it at the trek con last summer.

10. HopefulRomantic

Cooool :mallory: You'll be watching for all of us. Enjoy!

11. Captaindemotion

Jesus H, he didn't do that godawful 'Oirish' accent that he did in Heroes, did he?

12. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

I'm confused. I just watched a Billingsley interview on an Enterprise DVD, and he spoke with a "normal" voice (ie not having the same variation in tone he does with Phlox).

Yet I'm sure I remember him using the "Phlox voice" on NCIS - does anyone recall this?

13. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Yup. He did use some Phloxian intonations during his appearance on NCIS.

14. pookha

pookha Admiral Admiral

15. HopefulRomantic

"...the overly enthusiastic Dr. Herbert West..." :lol:

Great article, thanks! It must have been an incredible experience to watch, considering all the care that went into the production. I'm sorry I missed it in 2009. Hopefully someone will put it on tape or film someday.

And now I need to watch that Masters of Horror episode with Combs!

16. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

"The Black Cat" is definitely worth a watch! I was lucky enough to get Jeffrey Combs to sign my copy of the DVD at the Las Vegas Star Trek Con last year. He saw the insert, then asked if I was going to see "Nevermore" that night. I think I managed to reply yes, I was looking forward to it.

His performance was amazing. I was worried my attention would drift with a one man show, but he held my attention the entire time. Even my husband, who doesn't enjoy the language of the Poe era, liked the play. Liked. But he thought the performance was outstanding.

17. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Lucky you Shanndee, meeting Jeffrey Combs. :cool:

Has anyone been to the Scifi Ball in Bournemouth, UK, this weekend? My one chance to meet Dominic Keating and I had the flu... :rolleyes:

18. Captaindemotion

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2012/02/bakula-to-appear-on-desperate-housewives/

Scott Bakula is to appear on Desperate Housewives, as a defense attorney acting for Bree (Marcia Cross). DH fans might recall that Bree's first husband, Rex, was played by Steven Culp, ENT's Major Hayes.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Jonathan Archer, I thought Scott was great in Boston Legal a few years back and I've become more appreciative of him as an actor since seeing him on the stage in London last year. This sounds like a good role for him.

19. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's very good news! I was hoping he'd do something new because, with Men of a Certain Age getting canceled, I would have missed seeing him around. It's too bad, really, I loved that show.

20. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

My understanding is that Culp is also going to be on Desperate Housewives (dunno if it's the same episode).